Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » artifacts.xml documentation?(I need to modify the artifacts.xml, where can I find documentation on its format?)
artifacts.xml documentation? [message #959266] Fri, 26 October 2012 15:26 Go to next message
Daniel Desjardins is currently offline Daniel DesjardinsFriend
Hello,
After the build of our product is done, I encrypt the class files in my JAR files of the p2 repository and I also sign them. Obviously after such modifications the information about the size and the md5 in the artifacts.xml is no longer accurate.

The format of the artifacts.xml is pretty much self explanatory but there are a few cases where I am lost.

For example sometime the artifact.size is either 0 or greater than the download.size. Why? How is the artifact.size value calculated?

Where can I find documentation on this?

Thank you all for your help!

Daniel
Re: artifacts.xml documentation? [message #959292 is a reply to message #959266] Fri, 26 October 2012 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
> For example sometime the artifact.size is either 0 or greater than the download.size. Why?
The artifact size can be bigger than the download size if the artifact is zipped or pack'ed200. For example, the eclipse.exe is zipped and the artifact.size would be bigger than download.size.

>How is the artifact.size value calculated?
This is usually calculated from the size of the file / files that is being put in the archive

Don't be to bothered by this attribute though since it is only used to provide estimates to the user in one of the install dialog.

HTH
Re: artifacts.xml documentation? [message #1768048 is a reply to message #959292] Thu, 13 July 2017 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kasun Siyambalapitiya is currently offline Kasun SiyambalapitiyaFriend
Pascal Rapicault wrote on Fri, 26 October 2012 15:51

Don't be to bothered by this attribute though since it is only used to provide estimates to the user in one of the install dialog.

HTH

So does the property "artifact.size" is not considered in any of the operations of the eclipse tycho plugin and in p2 repo-generation?.
Re: artifacts.xml documentation? [message #1854496 is a reply to message #1768048] Mon, 22 August 2022 15:19 Go to previous message
Alireza Mohamadi is currently offline Alireza MohamadiFriend
There gotta be some sort of documentation/xsd. Why is this product documented so poorly?
Previous Topic:Install plugin no p2.director
Next Topic:Issue with p2 published
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:34:23 GMT 2024