Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Running mweWorkflow without eclipse project/classpath (headless gradle build)
Running mweWorkflow without eclipse project/classpath (headless gradle build) [message #959076] Fri, 26 October 2012 12:44 Go to next message
Steve B is currently offline Steve BFriend
Hi there,

I'm trying to port an existing Xtext project to a gradle build. Based on an existing ant build the steps where quite simple, but now I have problems with the mwe workflow engine:

We don't want .project or .classpath files in SCM, nor I want to generate them when running as a headless build.

I've attached an example project (fowler DSL xtext) as an gradle build (using gradle 1.2). I haven't found a public repo for the Xtext stuff, so I'm referencing the eclipse 4.2 plugin dir in build.gradle (def E4_2ROOT = "E:/Eclipse4.2/eclipse/plugins/").

Run gradlew mwe2Workflow in the root dir gives an 'is unmapped' error:

org.eclipse.emf.common.util.WrappedException: java.io.IOException: The path '/org.eclipse.xtext.example.fowlerdsl/src-gen/org/eclipse/xtext/example/fowlerdsl/statemachine/StatemachinePackage.java' is
unmapped

What I would like to do is to explicitly specify all paths instead of having the mwe engine search for eclipse files in the dir tree.

Anyone got an idea how to achieve this ?

I've tried (as a workaround) to generate the eclipse files using gradle's eclipse plugin but then I have other problems (impl-files not generated) due to the fact that our eclipse project names don't match the file system's folder name. Actually I would like to implemen the first approach, meaning no .project or .classpath for the mwe engine.

Thanks.

Re: Running mweWorkflow without eclipse project/classpath (headless gradle build) [message #1011627 is a reply to message #959076] Tue, 19 February 2013 23:18 Go to previous message
Markus Oley is currently offline Markus OleyFriend
Hi Steve,

I've tried to build my eclipse-plugin with maven and tycho, but I love gradle, too, and in my opion this is not comparable,

so I'd like to manage to build my xtext project with gradle, but there does not exist anything thats complete, I guess.

Why not start a project on google code or github?

Best regards
Markus
Previous Topic:Duplicate declarations with cross reference
Next Topic:Rename of created EObject for implicit declaration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 24 01:01:54 GMT 2024