Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » EMFStore Team Support
EMFStore Team Support [message #957813] Thu, 25 October 2012 14:12 Go to next message
Roshan S. is currently offline Roshan S.Friend
Hi,

I'm looking into using EMFStore to provide a repository for our eCore model(s) so that we can take advantage of its versioning and merging capabilities.

I wanted to know, are there any future plans for integrating this into a team support tool as a part of Eclipse?

Also, up until now, our RCP application creates an Eclipse resource IProject to store our eCore metadata. So we also have additional folders and a handful of non-eCore files. Is there a way to store an IProject in the repository? Maybe we can implement IProject and the Project that EMFStore uses.

Thanks,
Roshan
Re: EMFStore Team Support [message #958910 is a reply to message #957813] Fri, 26 October 2012 10:10 Go to previous message
Maximilian Koegel is currently offline Maximilian KoegelFriend
Hi Roshan,

we have already built a prototype for integration of EMFStore as Teamprovider, but we are currently not working on making it productive due to limited resources. It is available in this EMFStore Git repository:
git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/emf-store/org.eclipse.emf.emfstore.other.git
The name of the plugins are *emfstore.standalone.*
It does not compile against the current EMFStore API, but that should be easy to fix.
This integration attaches the EMFStore change tracking to any Ecore that is opened in the Ecore Editor and stores them into a history file for the Ecore. Based on this additional information merging is supported with the EMFStore interactive merger. The integration is limited to Git, an earlier prototype also worked with SVN.
If you want to try I can definitely provide you with support on how to get this running. Let me know where I can help.

Cheers,
Maximilian

Maximilian Koegel, EclipseSource, mkoegel@eclipsesource.com
Previous Topic:Create multiple Tabs with EEF based Properties view
Next Topic:EMFStore catalog/index
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:55:10 GMT 2024