Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » VIrgo 3.0.3 and DEBUG mode and Eclipse Helios
VIrgo 3.0.3 and DEBUG mode and Eclipse Helios [message #956665] Wed, 24 October 2012 18:03 Go to next message
James Gartner is currently offline James GartnerFriend
OK< I have started virgo-jetty 3.0.3 with -debug 8100.

If I do netstat -a, I see that 8100 is being listened to.

I want to remote debug to that container from eclipse Helios, so I created a debug configuration using localhost, port 8100 (eclipse is on the same server that virgo is running from).

When I try to run that debug config, I get:
Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection refused.
Connection refused: connect

Any ideas how I can get this to work?

BTW, once I check get the error, netstat -a shows there is nothing listening on port 8100!

I would actually like to be able to run the virgo container from within Eclipse, but I can't find any server template to add that will work for the 3.0.3 release (I DL'd the virgo tools/dm Server, but no virgo server (jetty OR tomcat) comes with the tools...)

Any ideas of how I can debug a client calling into an OSGI service running in a virgo container here?
Re: VIrgo 3.0.3 and DEBUG mode and Eclipse Helios [message #968307 is a reply to message #956665] Fri, 02 November 2012 11:04 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Well the 1.0 release of the Virgo IDE tooling should work fine with VJS 3.0.3.RELEASE.

Also, your remote debugging should work fine too. Have you tried using the default debug port as your use of a different port may have hit a bug somewhere? Have you tried remote debugging something we know works, like the Virgo kernel or VTS, for comparison? There may be something in your environment that's the problem. Have you tried Eclipse Juno for comparison in case Helios has a problem?
Previous Topic:Dependency graph tool?
Next Topic:Spring 3.2 and OSGi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:58:05 GMT 2024