Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » org is not defined
org is not defined [message #132803] Thu, 14 May 2009 02:51 Go to next message
Boris Stepanov is currently offline Boris StepanovFriend
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi all,

Very often, when I go to an url of my application in a browser first
time after an application has run, I see "org is not defined" java
script error. I suppose that a cause of the problem is that RAP java
scripts weren't included in a result application page. It reproduces in
both build and development versions.

Do you have any ideas where does this problem come from?

Thanks.
Re: org is not defined [message #132841 is a reply to message #132803] Thu, 14 May 2009 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Boris,

I haven't seen this before and don't have a clue what could cause
this either.
If you can come up with some information on how to reproduce this,
please file a bugzilla.

Cheers,
Rüdiger


Boris Stepanov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Very often, when I go to an url of my application in a browser first
> time after an application has run, I see "org is not defined" java
> script error. I suppose that a cause of the problem is that RAP java
> scripts weren't included in a result application page. It reproduces in
> both build and development versions.
>
> Do you have any ideas where does this problem come from?
>
> Thanks.
Re: org is not defined [message #133787 is a reply to message #132841] Wed, 20 May 2009 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai is currently offline KaiFriend
Messages: 1
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,
I get the "org is not defined" java script error every time when accessing
my application.

I have an standalone RAP application which runs fine with RAP 1.1
Now I switched to 1.2 M7 and it runs fine in Firefox but in IE 7 I get
these java script error and only a blank page is shown.
The error occurs in the js function "appendInitParameters()"
The line is "var req = org.eclipse.swt.Request.getInstance();"

Does this information helps, is there a solution?

Best Greetings
Kai

RÃŒdiger Herrmann wrote:

> Boris,

> I haven't seen this before and don't have a clue what could cause
> this either.
> If you can come up with some information on how to reproduce this,
> please file a bugzilla.

> Cheers,
> RÃŒdiger


> Boris Stepanov wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Very often, when I go to an url of my application in a browser first
>> time after an application has run, I see "org is not defined" java
>> script error. I suppose that a cause of the problem is that RAP java
>> scripts weren't included in a result application page. It reproduces in
>> both build and development versions.
>>
>> Do you have any ideas where does this problem come from?
>>
>> Thanks.
Re: org is not defined [message #133888 is a reply to message #133787] Fri, 22 May 2009 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralf Sternberg is currently offline Ralf SternbergFriend
Messages: 1313
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Hello Kai,

the "org is not defined" is usually a follow-up error. Do you use any
custom Javascript code, e.g. included in custom widgets? Do you get any
other Javascript warnings/errors? Please set your client log level to
ALL and Client variant to DEBUG to track all problems on the client.

Best regards, Ralf

> I get the "org is not defined" java script error every time when
> accessing my application.
>
> I have an standalone RAP application which runs fine with RAP 1.1
> Now I switched to 1.2 M7 and it runs fine in Firefox but in IE 7 I get
> these java script error and only a blank page is shown.
> The error occurs in the js function "appendInitParameters()"
> The line is "var req = org.eclipse.swt.Request.getInstance();"
>
> Does this information helps, is there a solution?
>
> Best Greetings
> Kai
>
> RÃŒdiger Herrmann wrote:
>
>> Boris,
>
>> I haven't seen this before and don't have a clue what could cause this
>> either.
>> If you can come up with some information on how to reproduce this,
>> please file a bugzilla.
>
>> Cheers,
>> RÃŒdiger
>
>
>> Boris Stepanov wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Very often, when I go to an url of my application in a browser first
>>> time after an application has run, I see "org is not defined" java
>>> script error. I suppose that a cause of the problem is that RAP java
>>> scripts weren't included in a result application page. It reproduces
>>> in both build and development versions.
>>>
>>> Do you have any ideas where does this problem come from?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>
>
Re: org is not defined [message #559797 is a reply to message #133888] Sat, 18 September 2010 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nikolai Raitsev is currently offline Nikolai RaitsevFriend
Messages: 102
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

I've recently noticed that the error in Internet Explorer 6 and 7 occurs in conjunction with custom widgets in the first access to the RAP application in browser. If our project is started without custom widgets plugins, no java script error occurs.

Here is the debug log output in Firefox in Linux and Windows. IE breaks with described JavaScript-Error in appendInitParameters() function.

############### Firefox in Linux
000735 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: qooxdoo 0.7.4 (r16878) [debug]
000738 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: loaded 247 classes
000739 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: loaded 3 interfaces
000740 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: loaded 9 mixins
000740 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: loaded 23 themes
000740 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: loaded 0 locales
000741 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: client: gecko-1.9/unix/de
000741 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: browser: firefox/none
000742 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: application: org.eclipse.swt.Application[60]
000742 INFO: qx.core.Init[4]: main runtime: 20ms
000742 DEBUG: org.eclipse.swt.Application[60]: preloading visible images...
000743 INFO: org.eclipse.swt.Application[60]: render runtime: 2ms
000743 DEBUG: org.eclipse.swt.Request[46]: sending request [ rwt_initialize=true; startup=jtermsEntrypoint; w4t_width=1440; w4t_height=647; 1847951265=847,18; 1847951313=1089,23; 1847951272=702,17; -494037440=632,15; 1847951273=774,17; w1.bounds.width=1440; w1.bounds.height=647; w1.scrollbar.size=16; w1.dpi.x=96; w1.dpi.y=96; w1.colorDepth=32; w1.cursorLocation.x=0; w1.cursorLocation.y=0; uiRoot=w1; ]
000770 DEBUG: org.eclipse.swt.Application[60]: preloading hidden images...






################ Firefox in Windows
002301 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: qooxdoo 0.7.4 (r16878) [debug]
002302 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: loaded 247 classes
002303 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: loaded 3 interfaces
002304 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: loaded 9 mixins
002304 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: loaded 23 themes
002305 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: loaded 0 locales
002305 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: client: gecko-1.9/win/de
002306 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: browser: firefox/none
002307 DEBUG: qx.core.Init[4]: application: org.eclipse.swt.Application[60]
002307 INFO: qx.core.Init[4]: main runtime: 49ms
002308 DEBUG: org.eclipse.swt.Application[60]: preloading visible images...
002308 INFO: org.eclipse.swt.Application[60]: render runtime: 9ms
002309 DEBUG: org.eclipse.swt.Request[46]: sending request [ rwt_initialize=true; startup=jtermsEntrypoint; w4t_width=1440; w4t_height=617; 1847951265=842,17; 1847951313=1089,22; 1847951272=652,14; -494037440=573,15; 1847951273=721,14; w1.bounds.width=1440; w1.bounds.height=617; w1.scrollbar.size=17; w1.dpi.x=96; w1.dpi.y=96; w1.colorDepth=32; w1.cursorLocation.x=0; w1.cursorLocation.y=0; uiRoot=w1; ]
002310 DEBUG: org.eclipse.swt.Application[60]: preloading hidden images...


Is there a workaround (other than waiving custom widgets) to solve the problem?
What should I look to the custom widget to avoid this error?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Nikolai
Re: org is not defined [message #559867 is a reply to message #132803] Mon, 20 September 2010 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Messages: 2359
Registered: July 2009
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Senior Member
Hi Nikolai,
this is a known issue in RAP. See bug
277994: "org is not defined" JavaScript error
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=277994
You could test the patch attached to the bug. We have some ideas to improve this situation in a different way - do all preparation stuff (javascript concatenation etc.) not in the first request, but in the container startup. I hope that, this will be fixed in 1.4 release.
Best,
Ivan
Re: org is not defined [message #627182 is a reply to message #559867] Wed, 22 September 2010 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nikolai Raitsev is currently offline Nikolai RaitsevFriend
Messages: 102
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the link to the patch. The patch was not needed to solve my problem. Although I have tried the patch, unfortunately without success.

After a long search (debugging of server and client code; Request / Response sniffing with HttpFox and Fiddler2), I found the error. The error was a small comma in Java Script code in my custom widget.

Because of a one comma too many in the event declaration the IE could not parse the JS file/was not running (Testing in Firefox and Chrome are successfull)...

// My Custom Widget
..
events : {
"widget-ready" : "qx.event.type.Event", <-- this comma was cause of failure
},
...


Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Nikolai
Re: org is not defined [message #627911 is a reply to message #627182] Thu, 23 September 2010 06:50 Go to previous message
Stefan   is currently offline Stefan Friend
Messages: 316
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Nikolai,

glad to hear that you found the error. To help others, I added a FAQ to
the RAP Wiki:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#Application_is_not_starting_ with_.22org_is_not_defined.22_error_in_JS_console

Regards,
Stefan.
Previous Topic:cleanup after non-normal exit (Refresh or close browser instead of return from createUI())
Next Topic:Interaction Design API example...
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Nov 28 15:59:24 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02503 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top