Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » Updating fragments with p2
Updating fragments with p2 [message #947937] Wed, 17 October 2012 15:41
Ulyana Tsyukh is currently offline Ulyana TsyukhFriend
I have a problem with updating my NL fragments. The problem is that it looks like there is no way they get automatically updated with p2.

My product is a feature based products with some of the plugins having *.NL fragments which I would like to be able to update independently of the the main product.

My idea was that I could collect the fragments into one feature which would be initially installed on my product using p2.director and later updated from an update site, which would be also build using p2.publisher. (This works for me to update the plugins and features). I can build the product and install my feature containing fragments. After I create an update site for the feature with the higher version of the fragment and feature itself, I am not able to get the fragments updated. I can see that the feature is downloaded but the plugins are not, and the initial versions of the fragments are still there.

Is there anything special related to the update of the fragments via p2 or they should be updated in some other ways.

Any help would be appreciated.

Previous Topic:If can filter out *nls plugins(artifacts) when installing build?
Next Topic:Headless Build missing plugins
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:47:28 GMT 2024