Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Views information update(how to decide when to update view)
Views information update [message #943251] Sun, 14 October 2012 09:53 Go to next message
ben agai is currently offline ben agaiFriend
hi.
i want to ask a question about the relationship between views like variables view
and debug events.

for example: if i debug a c program how does the variables view know when to update itself?, because it seems that even when the view is close and i click 'step into'
and reopen the view, the view presents the updated information.

so this is my question,how does the variables view (for instance)know when to update itself when a debug event occurs?

thanks for the help.
Re: Views information update [message #943566 is a reply to message #943251] Sun, 14 October 2012 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
VariablesView implements IDebugContextListener and as such it receives calls debugContextChanged(DebugContextEvent).
Have a look at the implementation of that method and you'll see how that relates to selection.
To see when this method is invoked I recommend the debugger Smile

HTH
Stephan
Re: Views information update [message #943748 is a reply to message #943566] Sun, 14 October 2012 19:07 Go to previous message
ben agai is currently offline ben agaiFriend
thanks for the information, i have read the interface and the variables view implemention, but i didnt understand the uses of the IDebugContextListener interface nor the information i can get from the DebugContextEvent events.

can you pleas go into detail about that subject?,thanks.
Previous Topic:Publish failing for a Seam project
Next Topic:Reusing Interface Selection UI JDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:34:18 GMT 2024