Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus and FUML
Papyrus and FUML [message #940443] Thu, 11 October 2012 16:36 Go to next message
Vlad Gheorghe is currently offline Vlad GheorgheFriend

Hello Papyrus Team,

Is there any support for FUML (http://www.omg.org/spec/FUML/) in Papyrus ?

Features could include:
- diagram editing (restricted to FUML elements)
- code generation
- interpretation / debugging at diagram level

If yes, how can it be used ? (Is it implemented as a profile ? Are there any special editor features ?)

If no, are there any plans in that direction ?

Thanks!

Regards,
Vlad Gheorghe
Re: Papyrus and FUML [message #953431 is a reply to message #940443] Mon, 22 October 2012 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can anyone provide some information, please ?

I've noticed that there is an ALF editor provided with Papyrus:
org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.alf (0.9.1.v201210051358) "UML ALF (Incubation)"

Action Language For Foundational UML - ALF http://www.omg.org/spec/ALF/

So I assume there are some plans regarding FUML support.
But again, I would like to know what kind of FUML support is provided by the diagram editors.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Vlad Gheorghe

[Updated on: Mon, 22 October 2012 08:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Papyrus and FUML [message #956787 is a reply to message #953431] Wed, 24 October 2012 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arnaud Cuccuru is currently offline Arnaud CuccuruFriend
Hi Vlad,

Sorry for the delay.

There is actually a Papyrus plug-in providing a straightforward, sequential implementation of the fUML execution model. This is available here: http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/branches/0.9.X/extraplugins/moka/

Please note that these plug-ins are not part of the build yet. So, to use it, you have to download the three plug-ins, and install them manually (or put them in your development workspace, and laucnh a new run time).

Currently, integration with Papyrus is limited. For example, the class and activity diagrams are not constrained to remain in the fUML subset. It's up to you to produce models that comply with the fUML subset.

To test the execution, just write an activity without parameters (intended to act as a kind of Main), select it in the model explorer, right click, and press execute. Some debug messages show appear in the console, tracing what happened during the execution of the model by the fUML engine.

Note that currently, the fUML library (which defines basic arithmic, comparison, etc. operators) is not a "registered" library. To use it, you have to import the registered Alf library, which itself has an import to the fUML library. Please note that all function behaviors defined in the fUML library are not yet implemented (cf. oep.moka.fuml.standardlibrary for details)

Connection with Alf (i.e., generation of fUML activities from Alf statements) is an ongoing work, not available on Papyrus SVN yet. For your interest, the 0.9.X branch of the SVN also contains an update Alf editor for operations, which is not yet integrated in the build, but corrects a number of bugs that were related to the Extra plugin version.

The precise roadmap/agenda behind all this "executable UML" stuff still needs to be clarified. I can just confirm that we are active to provide a better integration.

Cheers,

Arnaud
Re: Papyrus and FUML [message #965962 is a reply to message #956787] Wed, 31 October 2012 16:46 Go to previous message
Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for the reply !

I would have some more questions, if you dont' mind...

So I understand that moka is a fUML interpreter.
How complete is it ?
Is there a related wiki or some developer site ?

Where is the "fUML subset" defined ?
a) the "standard" one (I know, this is not Papyrus-specific..)
b) the subset implemented by moka

I suppose that it would be quite simple to write EMFV constraints which check that a UML model
conforms to that subset. Would that be enough for "FUML Papyrus integration" ?

How does integration with ALF work ?
When are the ALF statements translated to fUML activities ? (on the fly before execution or they are stored
in the model ? )

Are there any plans regarding code generation from fUML ?
Which languages ?
Is this considered by the papyrus java generation plug-in, or that would be a separate plug-in ?
( that is, generation of behavioral code )

Thanks in advance !

Kind regards
Vlad Gheorghe
Previous Topic:Automatic Generation of Diagrams.
Next Topic:export class diagram to xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:21:36 GMT 2024