Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Hangs during "fetching content for page..." during build(can't connect to my wiki)
Hangs during "fetching content for page..." during build [message #939242] Wed, 10 October 2012 15:05 Go to next message
Morley Tooke is currently offline Morley TookeFriend
Hello,

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I'm sure it has but my search didn't come up with anything.

I'm trying to convert my company's wiki page to Eclipse help, with the eventual goal of converting the same wiki content to DITA. Until I can get the Mediawiki source files from our IT guy, I thought I'd try running the <mediawiki-to-eclipse-help> task on the external wiki.

I can run and generate from the eclipse Mylyn wiki in the online example (so I know that my ANT build file/task is configured properly, but when I try to run the same thing on my company's wiki, the task just hangs during the fetching stage. The build script is attached.

I don't know much about wikis (I'm new here), but I do know that we're using a lot of extensions. Will that cause problems?

Also, is wiki-to-dita effective for a large wiki like this? Will it get me at least some of the way there, or would I be better off exporting to XML with a custom stylesheet.

Thanks in advance and my apologies if this is too general or has been covered before.
  • Attachment: build.xml
    (Size: 1.19KB, Downloaded 247 times)
Re: Hangs during "fetching content for page..." during build [message #943985 is a reply to message #939242] Sun, 14 October 2012 21:18 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
You have a lot of redirection on your site.

I was not able to locate the root of your MediaWiki instance (index.php and api.php).

I have tried with:
wikiBaseUrl="http://www.klocwork.com/products/documentation/Insight-9.0/"
<path name="Main_Page" title="Insight docs" generateToc="true"/>

No luck so far.

Maybe you can ask your webmaster for help. In order to run correctly, WikiText need access to the MediaWiki content (through the standard MediaWiki pages - index.php and maybe api.php but I am not sure).

You could also work with some export of your pages on a local disk, and run the conversion to an eclipse help format in a more controlled environment.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 October 2012 06:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Initialization of task failed.
Next Topic:Automatically comment in Bugzilla after CVS check-in.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 23:53:02 GMT 2024