Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Photran 'Binary Not Found' Problem(Continuously getting 'Launch Failed. Binary Not Found' error message.)
Photran 'Binary Not Found' Problem [message #937873] Tue, 09 October 2012 10:43 Go to next message
Richard Appleton is currently offline Richard AppletonFriend
I have been trying to get Photran operating correctly for a while, but am continuously getting the message 'Launch Failed. Binary Not Found.' I have followed the steps recommended, and searched extensively for similar problems, but none of the solutions seem to have helped...

The toolchain am selecting (when setting up a new Fortran Project) is 'GCC Fortran', in the eclipse 'Starting a Project with an Auto-Generated Makefile' documentation it says to choose 'GCC Toolchain', but I don't have this. This is the only difference I can see in the setup of my project compared wth the instructions.

I have taken the following steps to get everything set up:

• Installed Cygwin
• Installed gfortran (tested by typing 'gfortran' at DOS prompt and it works)
• Made sure to check the binary parsers when setting up a new project (C/C++Build > Settings > Binary Parsers > Selected 'PE Windows Parser' and 'Cygwin PE Parser', then Fortran Build >Settings (and selected the same two).

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get a basic piece of fortran code to run as I always get the 'Launch Failed. Binary Not Found' message.

I am running Windows 7 on a 64-bit computer. My Eclipse is Juno Service Release 1. M Photran Development Tools (Photran) are version 8.0.2.201209141911.

Can anyone recommend anything else that I can try?

Many thanks

Richard
Re: Photran 'Binary Not Found' Problem [message #1709742 is a reply to message #937873] Wed, 30 September 2015 16:20 Go to previous message
tinkle chugh is currently offline tinkle chughFriend
Hey

Did you get some solution to your problem? I also got the same. Thanks
Previous Topic:Anyone using Eclipse on Linux?
Next Topic:Eclipse + AVR plugin and a newbie
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:49:49 GMT 2024