Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » MOXy - Two issues with XML-bindings(Inherited xml-id in one package and xml-idref in another)
MOXy - Two issues with XML-bindings [message #926661] Fri, 28 September 2012 21:46 Go to next message
Emil Bergner is currently offline Emil BergnerFriend
Hi all,

Thanks for building a great library!

I filed the following two issues about a month ago:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=388762
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=388462

I would really appreciate if someone who's familiar with the XML-bindings implementation could have a look. Note that the two bugs appear under similar circumstances, but they occur in totally different parts of the code. I'm not sure about my suggested fix for 388762. For 388462 I know using a LinkedHashMap is probably not a perfect solution, but it won't break anything for sure, and at least it gives someone with my use-case a deterministic outcome (otherwise things will change depending on the hashcodes of the file names and the number of files in total).

Thanks,
Emil

[Updated on: Fri, 28 September 2012 21:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MOXy - Two issues with XML-bindings [message #930671 is a reply to message #926661] Tue, 02 October 2012 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt MacIvor is currently offline Matt MacIvorFriend
Hi Emil,

I've just started looking into these two issues. The first one seems to be an issue with the order of our processing. We generally try to make sure that a super class is fully processed before processing the child class, but it looks like something isn't quite working in this usecase where they're in separate packages/separate bindings files.

For the other issue, I'm not sure why changing xmlField.getXPath() to xmlField.getQualifiedName() would solve this problem. We definitely add the source-to-target field associations using getXPath, so I would suspect that it would need to be looked up using getXPath. There must be something going wrong with how we're setting up the associations. Possibly due to this inheritance usecase. I'm going to try to get a reproduction going locally and see what I can find in the debugger.

If there's any additional information about your object model/setup that you can provide that will help with the reproduction, that would be great.

Thank,

-Matt
Re: MOXy - Two issues with XML-bindings [message #930727 is a reply to message #930671] Tue, 02 October 2012 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matt,

Thank you for taking the time. Did you see the JUnit projects that I attached?

Thanks,
Emil

[Updated on: Tue, 02 October 2012 18:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MOXy - Two issues with XML-bindings [message #931790 is a reply to message #930727] Wed, 03 October 2012 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt MacIvor is currently offline Matt MacIvorFriend
Hi Emil,

I got the test case from the attached bug and am able to reproduce the issue intermittently. It looks like when the test case fails, a class name is being prepended to the Key field name and when it passes it's not.

I'm trying to determine where this is happening, and why it's happening only intermittently.

I'll update the bug when I have more information.

Thanks for the test cases,

-Matt

Re: MOXy - Two issues with XML-bindings [message #933153 is a reply to message #931790] Thu, 04 October 2012 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rick Barkhouse is currently offline Rick BarkhouseFriend
Hi Emil,

Just an update for you, I have checked in a fix for bug 388762 (the IndexOutOfBounds error), it will be available in the next nightly build of EclipseLink 2.4. I am starting work on your second issue now.

- Rick
Re: MOXy - Two issues with XML-bindings [message #933162 is a reply to message #933153] Thu, 04 October 2012 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Rick,

I saw it. Many thanks!

Emil
Re: MOXy - Two issues with XML-bindings [message #939350 is a reply to message #933162] Wed, 10 October 2012 17:20 Go to previous message
Rick Barkhouse is currently offline Rick BarkhouseFriend
Hi Emil,

Just letting you know that we have fixed the second bug that you reported, please let us know if you have any other issues.

- Rick
Previous Topic:Templates for CREATE, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE queries
Next Topic:XML-less JPA in JSE with EclipseLink
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:53:59 GMT 2024