Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » scrollbar is hidden (Mac 10.7)
icon5.gif  scrollbar is hidden (Mac 10.7) [message #926271] Fri, 28 September 2012 13:31 Go to next message
Walter Harley is currently offline Walter HarleyFriend
Editing Java code in Eclipse 4.2 on Mac OS 10.7.4. The vertical scrollbar is hidden, even if the file is longer than the view, until I scroll by swiping with two fingers on the trackpad (which is probably equivalent to using the scroll wheel on a mouse). Then the scrollbar shows up briefly - if I move the mouse over the scrollbar, it will stay there, but as soon as I move it away, the scrollbar disappears again.

This is pretty annoying since, among other things, it means I have no visual indication of where in the file I am. And for long files, it's not practical to scroll by swiping, so I end up having to "swipe / quickly dash to scrollbar area / scroll with thumb".

Anybody know how to disable this behavior, and make the scrollbar be always visible, like in every other app?
Re: scrollbar is hidden (Mac 10.7) [message #928246 is a reply to message #926271] Sun, 30 September 2012 13:23 Go to previous message
Walter Harley is currently offline Walter HarleyFriend
As a workaround, it turns out that System Preferences -> General -> Show Scrollbars Always will, indeed, show the scrollbars always.
Previous Topic:From where can I contribute model processor
Next Topic:Error in applicationXMI argument
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:52:41 GMT 2024