Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Antenna preprocessor ruins line endings in files
Antenna preprocessor ruins line endings in files [message #926004] Fri, 28 September 2012 08:09
Grzegorz F is currently offline Grzegorz FFriend
Hi,

I'm working in large project with many developers, we use Windows, Ubuntu, Mercurial and Antenna Preprocessor. I found that something wrong is happening with the code because Mercurial signaled changes in files where no modifications were done. Further investigation explained everything - when I use Antenna to change debug level it resaves files with wrong line endings. Short example:

My OS is WinXP, I have 2 files, one has DOS line endings while the second one has Linux. When I change Antenna debug level from 'none' to 'debug' Mercurial sees changes in both files and that's correct. Now when I change from 'debug' to 'none' only second file (Linux) is visible as changed. That's the problem, Antenna resaved Linux line endings as DOS line endings. This makes me a lot of troubles because I see dozens of changed files while only tiny part of them are actually modified.

I just hate using 'Convert Line Delimiters' each time I have to change debug level. Any help? Thanks.
Previous Topic:Problem at showing and hiding a View
Next Topic:Cup *jflex
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 15:23:19 GMT 2024