Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Access changesets (ChangeSetManager) via Mylyn
Access changesets (ChangeSetManager) via Mylyn [message #924231] Wed, 26 September 2012 16:32
André Meyer is currently offline André MeyerFriend
hi

I want to access all the changesets of SVN, CVS, Git programatically (Java). In Eclipse/Mylyn i can do this via the „Synchronize"-view.

In the Mylyn Documentation (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/Integrator_Reference) I read that I should use the "org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.team.ContextActiveChangeSetManager". After making some websearches for multiple hours, I managed to write the following code snippet:

Collection<AbstractActiveChangeSetProvider> providerList = FocusedTeamUiPlugin.getDefault().getActiveChangeSetProviders();
for (AbstractActiveChangeSetProvider provider : providerList) {
	ActiveChangeSetManager changeSetManager = provider.getActiveChangeSetManager();

if (changeSetManager != null) {
		ChangeSet[] sets = changeSetManager.getSets();

for(ChangeSet set : sets) {
			//work with the changeset here
		}
	}
}

In the providerList I get two changeSetManager-items namely "CVSActiveCHangeSetCollector" and "SVNActiveChangeSetCollector". Unfortunately, their sets-Array (of type ChangeSet) is always empty (but there are some changes shown in the "Synchronize"-view).

What am I doing wrong? - I am not sure if "FocusedTeamUiPlugin" is the right class to use, but it was the only one I found to get the ChangeSetManagers. Because I didn't want to create a new manager (just read the content), it obviously had to be a static method.

Edit: An other thing I tried was to access the Synchronize-View via TeamUI.getSynchronizeManager(), but not the changesets.

Any hints will be appreciated very much!

Thank you very much!

[Updated on: Mon, 01 October 2012 13:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How do I "install dependencies" using "File > Import > Install Software Item&qu
Next Topic:Programmatically Update Repositories
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:18:49 GMT 2024