Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Place a custom figure into a compartment
Place a custom figure into a compartment [message #922697] Tue, 25 September 2012 08:42 Go to next message
Chris B. is currently offline Chris B.Friend
Hi,

for some reasons I have to insert a custom figure, which is actually an image (pointing to a class that extends ImageFigure), into a compartment. How can I achieve this, if at all possible? The problem is I cannot map a custom figure to a child reference, because it is not a feature that appears in the model. Could anyone give me some useful hints?

Thanks,
Chris
Re: Place a custom figure into a compartment [message #924032 is a reply to message #922697] Wed, 26 September 2012 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I try to formulate my question different: Is there a possibility to insert the image in any editable GMF figure? I want this image to appear in the diagrams' notation tag without having a corresponding reference in the model?

Regards,
Chris

[Updated on: Wed, 26 September 2012 12:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Place a custom figure into a compartment [message #936828 is a reply to message #924032] Mon, 08 October 2012 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi Chris,

it is hard to understand what you want to achieve. Do you want to have a figure for a link?

Ralph
Re: Place a custom figure into a compartment [message #938309 is a reply to message #936828] Tue, 09 October 2012 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ralph,

I admit, this needs more explanation. In my company we are using QFTest to verify the validity of the GMF diagrams. The catch is, the software only recognizes selectable objects on the diagram like nodes, labels and compartments, in other words components that can be edited. The information used for the object recognition is taken out of the XMI representation of the diagram (both, model and notation view element tags). Therefore images can not be detected, due to their absence. A very error-prone workaround is to locate these objects by position estimation. What i want to do is to put images into editable view elements, e.g.labels or compartments, without modifying the model, just to have a reference to the respective object. Maybe it became much clearer to you now.

Regards,
Chris
Re: Place a custom figure into a compartment [message #939999 is a reply to message #938309] Thu, 11 October 2012 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Quote:
What i want to do is to put images into editable view elements, e.g.labels or compartments, without modifying the model, just to have a reference to the respective object.

did you try out the SVGFigure in the graphical model? With this you can have nodes that are represented by a figure. This would meet the requirement to have an image in an editable element. Hope I got you right this time.

Ralph
Re: Place a custom figure into a compartment [message #940559 is a reply to message #939999] Thu, 11 October 2012 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Ralph,

sounds exactely like what i'm looking for. I'll give it a try.

Best regards,
Chris
Re: Place a custom figure into a compartment [message #945602 is a reply to message #940559] Mon, 15 October 2012 13:17 Go to previous message
Hi,

then take a look at this link http://wiki.eclipse.org/Graphical_Modeling_Framework/Tutorial/Part_2#Use_SVGFigure

Ralph
Previous Topic:How to use Xtext(M2M with Xtend) and GMF to create diagramm? (Beginner)
Next Topic:"Top level node 'Containment Feature' must be available in the diagram 'Domain Element' or its
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:43:28 GMT 2024