Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext
InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext [message #921633] Mon, 24 September 2012 09:40 Go to next message
Christian Eugster is currently offline Christian EugsterFriend
Hi,

in a non-model-class (an Action effectively) I want to send an event throght IEventBroker.

To do so, I try to obtain the IEventBroker service from the IEclipseContext:

<code>
IEventBroker broker = (IEventBroker) eclipseContext.get(IEventBroker.class);
</code>

while doing this an InjectionException is thrown saying "Unable to process "EventBroker.logger": no actual value was found for the argument "Logger".

The stacktrace is:

<code>
org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: Unable to process "EventBroker.logger": no actual value was found for the argument "Logger".
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.reportUnresolvedArgument(InjectorImpl.java:392)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.resolveRequestorArgs(InjectorImpl.java:383)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:100)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:318)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:240)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:161)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.events.EventBrokerFactory.compute(EventBrokerFactory.java:33)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.ValueComputation.get(ValueComputation.java:60)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.internalGet(EclipseContext.java:221)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.get(EclipseContext.java:192)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.get(EclipseContext.java:544)
at ch.eugster.webdav.application.handlers.UploadFileHandler.run(UploadFileHandler.java:40)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4134)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1458)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1481)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1466)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1271)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3980)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3619)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:916)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:150)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
</code>

What am I doing wrong?
Re: InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext [message #921640 is a reply to message #921633] Mon, 24 September 2012 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
That happens because the framework is unable to inject a logger which the IEB needs. The logger should be there as it is put there by the E4Application. Have you modified the way the logger is put in the context?

In which phase of the application are you trying to inject the IEB?
Re: InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext [message #921731 is a reply to message #921640] Mon, 24 September 2012 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I added a context menu via MenuManager to a TreeViewer. An action in the context menu, obtains an IEclipseContext through EclipseContextFactory.getServiceContext. From this IEclipseContext I obtain the services I use.

How can I add this Logger to the IEventBroker?

Thanks!
Re: InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext [message #921736 is a reply to message #921731] Mon, 24 September 2012 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Are you on a pure e4 app or mixed with 3.x ?
Re: InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext [message #921744 is a reply to message #921736] Mon, 24 September 2012 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am on a pure e4
Re: InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext [message #921749 is a reply to message #921744] Mon, 24 September 2012 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Try injecting the IEC with a simple @Inject IEclipseContext as a field or a method parameter in your class as I'm not sure you're getting the right context. The logger is in the application level context by default.
Re: InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext [message #921767 is a reply to message #921749] Mon, 24 September 2012 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
The problem is that he's fetching the ServiceContext, but the logger is
only pushed somewhere above (most likely the Application-Context) hence
the exception.

Why are you not creating your Action through the local IEclipseContext
and let you inject that one in your Action?

Tom

Am 24.09.12 13:48, schrieb Sopot Cela:
> Try injecting the IEC with a simple @Inject IEclipseContext as a field
> or a method parameter in your class as I'm not sure you're getting the
> right context. The logger is in the application level context by default.
Re: InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext [message #921768 is a reply to message #921749] Mon, 24 September 2012 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As the Action is not part of the model, I am unable to inject the IEclipseContext this way. Is there another opportunity to use dynamic context menu in a viewer (or swt component)?
Re: InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext [message #921770 is a reply to message #921767] Mon, 24 September 2012 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a good idea. I will try this!
Re: InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext [message #921806 is a reply to message #921770] Mon, 24 September 2012 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
@Inject
IEclipseContext context;

public void createContextMenu(MenuManager mgr) {
MyAction m = ContextInjectionFactory.make(MyAction.class, context);
mgr.add(m);
}

Am 24.09.12 14:06, schrieb Christian Eugster:
> That's a good idea. I will try this!
Re: InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext [message #1694091 is a reply to message #921806] Thu, 30 April 2015 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piero Campalani is currently offline Piero CampalaniFriend

Christian, could you solve your problem?
Re: InjectionException while obtaining IEventBroker from IEclipseContext [message #1694291 is a reply to message #1694091] Mon, 04 May 2015 08:19 Go to previous message
Piero Campalani is currently offline Piero CampalaniFriend

PS The problem is I was setting a org.eclipse.equinox.log.Logger instead of a org.eclipse.e4.core.services.log.Logger.
(The former gives no "non-API" warning (and no compile-time error), whereas the latter does)
Previous Topic:need EventBroker as OSGi Service
Next Topic:menu and submenu item dynamically generate using rich client platform(RCP)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:13:44 GMT 2024