Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Retrieving RAP internal icons
Retrieving RAP internal icons [message #124491] Fri, 13 March 2009 14:43 Go to next message
Enrico Zanaga is currently offline Enrico ZanagaFriend
Messages: 50
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi,

how can I retrieve the icons [+] and [-] of a Tree?
I want to implement my own tree widget, but I wish to use the same icons.

Thanks
Enrico
Re: Retrieving RAP internal icons [message #124515 is a reply to message #124491] Fri, 13 March 2009 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Enrico,

these images reside in the org.eclipse.rap.rwt.q07 plug-in. E.g.
resources/widgets/rap/tree/plus.gif. Thus you should be able to get
a reference like this:
String name = "resources/widgets/rap/tree/plus.gif";
ClassLoader loader = RWT.class.getClassLoader();
Graphics.getImage( name, loader );

*BUT* with doing so you access implementation details that may
change without advance notice.

HTH
Rüdiger

Enrico Zanaga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I retrieve the icons [+] and [-] of a Tree?
> I want to implement my own tree widget, but I wish to use the same icons.
>
> Thanks
> Enrico
Re: Retrieving RAP internal icons [message #124539 is a reply to message #124515] Fri, 13 March 2009 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Enrico Zanaga is currently offline Enrico ZanagaFriend
Messages: 50
Registered: July 2009
Member
Thank you very much!
I'll do a lot of attention!


Rüdiger Herrmann ha scritto:
> Enrico,
>
> these images reside in the org.eclipse.rap.rwt.q07 plug-in. E.g.
> resources/widgets/rap/tree/plus.gif. Thus you should be able to get a
> reference like this:
> String name = "resources/widgets/rap/tree/plus.gif";
> ClassLoader loader = RWT.class.getClassLoader();
> Graphics.getImage( name, loader );
>
> *BUT* with doing so you access implementation details that may change
> without advance notice.
>
> HTH
> Rüdiger
>
> Enrico Zanaga wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> how can I retrieve the icons [+] and [-] of a Tree?
>> I want to implement my own tree widget, but I wish to use the same icons.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Enrico
Re: Retrieving RAP internal icons [message #124791 is a reply to message #124539] Mon, 16 March 2009 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Muskalla is currently offline Benjamin MuskallaFriend
Messages: 338
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Enrico,

I'm just curious - what are you trying to achieve? Do you want to
implement your own tree widget? If so, what are the reasons for such an
investment?

Cheers and thanks in advance
Benny

Enrico Zanaga wrote:
> Thank you very much!
> I'll do a lot of attention!
>
>
> Rüdiger Herrmann ha scritto:
>> Enrico,
>>
>> these images reside in the org.eclipse.rap.rwt.q07 plug-in. E.g.
>> resources/widgets/rap/tree/plus.gif. Thus you should be able to get a
>> reference like this:
>> String name = "resources/widgets/rap/tree/plus.gif";
>> ClassLoader loader = RWT.class.getClassLoader();
>> Graphics.getImage( name, loader );
>>
>> *BUT* with doing so you access implementation details that may change
>> without advance notice.
>>
>> HTH
>> Rüdiger
>>
>> Enrico Zanaga wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> how can I retrieve the icons [+] and [-] of a Tree?
>>> I want to implement my own tree widget, but I wish to use the same
>>> icons.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Enrico


--
Benjamin Muskalla | EclipseSource Karlsruhe
http://www.eclipsesource.com | http://twitter.com/eclipsesource
Re: Retrieving RAP internal icons [message #125381 is a reply to message #124791] Tue, 17 March 2009 18:10 Go to previous message
Enrico Zanaga is currently offline Enrico ZanagaFriend
Messages: 50
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Benny,

the current Tree widget implemented in RAP consumes too much memory in
IE 7. I need to load thousands of items so the Tree is unusable for me.

I've re-implemented my own tree widget using a Table widget with [+] and
[-] icons and spaces to show indentation. This implementation is fast
and memory-saver!

Bye
Enrico


Benjamin Muskalla wrote:
> Hi Enrico,
>
> I'm just curious - what are you trying to achieve? Do you want to
> implement your own tree widget? If so, what are the reasons for such an
> investment?
>
> Cheers and thanks in advance
> Benny
>
> Enrico Zanaga wrote:
>> Thank you very much!
>> I'll do a lot of attention!
>>
>>
>> Rüdiger Herrmann ha scritto:
>>> Enrico,
>>>
>>> these images reside in the org.eclipse.rap.rwt.q07 plug-in. E.g.
>>> resources/widgets/rap/tree/plus.gif. Thus you should be able to get a
>>> reference like this:
>>> String name = "resources/widgets/rap/tree/plus.gif";
>>> ClassLoader loader = RWT.class.getClassLoader();
>>> Graphics.getImage( name, loader );
>>>
>>> *BUT* with doing so you access implementation details that may change
>>> without advance notice.
>>>
>>> HTH
>>> Rüdiger
>>>
>>> Enrico Zanaga wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> how can I retrieve the icons [+] and [-] of a Tree?
>>>> I want to implement my own tree widget, but I wish to use the same
>>>> icons.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>> Enrico
>
>
Previous Topic:Table Cell/Columns Spacing
Next Topic:Text and CUSTOM_VARIANT does not set background
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Dec 08 14:05:51 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02221 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top