Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » eclipse IDE shows ctrl shortcut instead of running it
eclipse IDE shows ctrl shortcut instead of running it [message #916716] Wed, 19 September 2012 10:59 Go to next message
Gaetan Pitteloud is currently offline Gaetan PitteloudFriend
I'm using eclipse IDE for JEE development (Juno release with build ID 20120614-1722) for some times now without issues, but since a couple of days, ctrl shortcuts are starting to work wrong: Instead of running the action behind the shortcut, the meaning of the shortcut is instead displayed in a popup on bottom right corner of the window (just like when pressing ctrl+shift+l, but displaying only the current shortcut). If I double-click on it (or sometimes pressing enter), the action is eventually executed, but I'm losing the context (the focus changes to the location I clicked).

It looks like the problem did not appear suddenly, but smoothly : I noticed it for a shortcut or another and did not pay any attention since it was not disturbing, but right now, every ctrl shortcut that I tried (even ctrl+space) behave like this.

As far as I tried, this happens in any context (views, editors, dialogs).

Does a configuration option allows to modify this (that I might have changed without notice), or is it a (known) bug ?
Re: eclipse IDE shows ctrl shortcut instead of running it [message #920845 is a reply to message #916716] Sun, 23 September 2012 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
I've seen several complaints about broken shortcuts in Juno. Have you searched bugzilla (select Platform/UI) for similar reports?

Also, the Eclipse Platform forum might have more on this: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/11/
Re: eclipse IDE shows ctrl shortcut instead of running it [message #922675 is a reply to message #920845] Tue, 25 September 2012 08:18 Go to previous message
Gaetan Pitteloud is currently offline Gaetan PitteloudFriend
I just created a bugzilla for this : 390298
Previous Topic:Ctrl+Shift+I shortcut to inspect: is it gone?
Next Topic:Font Display Issues when Launching AWT Application in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:08:09 GMT 2024