Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Eclipse with P2
Eclipse with P2 [message #123022] Tue, 16 December 2008 03:05 Go to next message
Mustafa is currently offline MustafaFriend
Scenario:

I managed to deploy my application which is feature-based with P2 and I've been trying to enable automatic update on my application, however when I pressed the "check for updates", "Install New Software" and "Installation Information" it tells me "Cannot launch the Update UI. This installation has not been configured properly for software updates".

Here are my questions:

1. Does this problem reside in my deployed product configuration or the update site ?

2. I've tried to install the product by using p2installer which suppose to download everything from my update site (includes the .exe files,etc). However after the download completes I only see "plugin" folder and artifact.xml in my new folder, nothing else. Can anyone help me with this ?

Thank you for your time and help

Regards,

Mustafa
Re: Eclipse with P2 [message #123246 is a reply to message #123022] Fri, 19 December 2008 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone has any experience on this ?

BUMP !
Re: Eclipse with P2 [message #123638 is a reply to message #123022] Fri, 02 January 2009 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: eclipseng.arthorne.com

You need to add p2 metadata to your application. See this link for details:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Getting_Started_for_Relen g#Complete_applications
--

abiieez wrote:
> Scenario:
>
> I managed to deploy my application which is feature-based with P2 and I've been trying to enable automatic update on my application, however when I pressed the "check for updates", "Install New Software" and "Installation Information" it tells me "Cannot launch the Update UI. This installation has not been configured properly for software updates".
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1. Does this problem reside in my deployed product configuration or the update site ?
>
> 2. I've tried to install the product by using p2installer which suppose to download everything from my update site (includes the .exe files,etc). However after the download completes I only see "plugin" folder and artifact.xml in my new folder, nothing else. Can anyone help me with this ?
>
> Thank you for your time and help
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Mustafa
Re: Eclipse with P2 [message #124220 is a reply to message #123638] Mon, 12 January 2009 03:09 Go to previous message
My old update site was working fine. Now I added installer.properties file in it, however I still can't make it work.

1. What other files or folder should included there ?
2. Do I need to generate metadata for both update site and my deployed application ?
3. Do I need to merge the p2-enabled into update site ?

Thank you.
Previous Topic:Fire Events Periodically ??
Next Topic:Equinox Transforms Example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:40:54 GMT 2024