Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "Unresolved inclusion: <stdio.h>"
"Unresolved inclusion: <stdio.h>" [message #913652] Sun, 16 September 2012 00:33 Go to next message
Dylan Murray is currently offline Dylan MurrayFriend
Hi, I've been trying to get CDT on Eclipse Juno on my mac running Lion. I've been at it for about 3 hours now and I can't figure out what to do. I've written a very simple hello world program, but I get a warning on the line #include <stdio.h> that reads "Unresolved inclusion: <stdio.h>". Initially I discovered I didn't have gcc installed on my computer, so I downloaded Xcode and then installed the command line tools. Now, my research indicates that my issue is that I need to tell eclipse where to find the stdio.h file - my issue is that the stdio.h file is hidden in the package contents of the Xcode application. To clarify, Project Properties->C/C++ General->Paths/Symbols -- under "Languages" I see "GNU C". I highlight it, I click "Add..."->"File system...", but the directory I'm looking for is located within Xcode.app which is greyed-out/not selectable from this menu. Help?
Re: "Unresolved inclusion: <stdio.h>" [message #1003016 is a reply to message #913652] Sun, 20 January 2013 04:14 Go to previous message
dan lior is currently offline dan liorFriend
Hi Dylan,

I know you posted this quite a while ago, but I'm having the same problem.

If you ended up solving this problem, can you let me know how? (Just post a reply to this reply).

thanks

dan
Previous Topic:unresolved #include's
Next Topic:Interface with CDT debugger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:28:51 GMT 2024