Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » jet editor java syntax coloring
jet editor java syntax coloring [message #122254] Sat, 10 May 2008 09:22 Go to next message
gary s thompson is currently offline gary s thompsonFriend
Messages: 83
Registered: July 2009
Member
Dear All

I have just installed the jet editor from the emft in M7 and am pleasantly
delighted with the highlighting of the code it gives me. However, it only
syntax colors the jet code and not the embedded java. However,there seems
to be a menu item 'set non-jet text content colorer...' but this brings up
an empty list.... does anyone have further suggestion (information on
using and configuring the editor seems to be sparse on the ground'

Also, as an aside, I am trying to edit the ecore Class.javajet file and
various included files with the jet editor and it is complaining that it
can't identify the ecore genModel classes. How can I add these to the list
of classes it understands (note I am still building the java source files
with the emf jet installation)

regards
gary
Re: jet editor java syntax coloring [message #122266 is a reply to message #122254] Sat, 10 May 2008 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: merks.ca.ibm.com

Gary,

It's best to ask about it on the M2T newsgroup, which I've added to the
"to" list of the reply...

I think the containing project needs to have codegen.ecore on the classpath.


gary thompson wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have just installed the jet editor from the emft in M7 and am
> pleasantly delighted with the highlighting of the code it gives me.
> However, it only syntax colors the jet code and not the embedded java.
> However,there seems to be a menu item 'set non-jet text content
> colorer...' but this brings up an empty list.... does anyone have
> further suggestion (information on using and configuring the editor
> seems to be sparse on the ground'
>
> Also, as an aside, I am trying to edit the ecore Class.javajet file
> and various included files with the jet editor and it is complaining
> that it can't identify the ecore genModel classes. How can I add these
> to the list of classes it understands (note I am still building the
> java source files with the emf jet installation)
>
> regards
> gary
>
Re: jet editor java syntax coloring [message #122290 is a reply to message #122266] Mon, 12 May 2008 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gary s thompson is currently offline gary s thompsonFriend
Messages: 83
Registered: July 2009
Member
Ed Merks wrote:

> Gary,

> It's best to ask about it on the M2T newsgroup, which I've added to the
> "to" list of the reply...


Dear Ed

Many thanks for (re)directing me to the right place. Just as an aside and
as a newbie trying to work out what goes with what and how the whole m2t,
emft, emf, m2t etc acronym soup holds together is quite confusing. For
example just one question (there are more) there seems to be jet and jet2
but will jet2 replace jet in the emf framework?

regards
gary
Re: jet editor java syntax coloring [message #122301 is a reply to message #122290] Mon, 12 May 2008 20:36 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: merks.ca.ibm.com

Gary,

Comments below.

gary thompson wrote:
> Ed Merks wrote:
>
>> Gary,
>
>> It's best to ask about it on the M2T newsgroup, which I've added to
>> the "to" list of the reply...
>
>
> Dear Ed
>
> Many thanks for (re)directing me to the right place. Just as an aside
> and as a newbie trying to work out what goes with what and how the
> whole m2t, emft, emf, m2t etc acronym soup holds together is quite
> confusing.
It's wholesome and nourishing soup! :-P Don't worry, if you go to the
wrong place, I'll notice and send you to the right one, so it's not a
problem.
> For example just one question (there are more) there seems to be jet
> and jet2 but will jet2 replace jet in the emf framework?
That's the idea, yes, but we've not had time to do that work since to a
large extent it should be a big no-op.
>
> regards
> gary
>
>
Re: jet editor java syntax coloring [message #618024 is a reply to message #122254] Sat, 10 May 2008 19:17 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31032
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Gary,

It's best to ask about it on the M2T newsgroup, which I've added to the
"to" list of the reply...

I think the containing project needs to have codegen.ecore on the classpath.


gary thompson wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have just installed the jet editor from the emft in M7 and am
> pleasantly delighted with the highlighting of the code it gives me.
> However, it only syntax colors the jet code and not the embedded java.
> However,there seems to be a menu item 'set non-jet text content
> colorer...' but this brings up an empty list.... does anyone have
> further suggestion (information on using and configuring the editor
> seems to be sparse on the ground'
>
> Also, as an aside, I am trying to edit the ecore Class.javajet file
> and various included files with the jet editor and it is complaining
> that it can't identify the ecore genModel classes. How can I add these
> to the list of classes it understands (note I am still building the
> java source files with the emf jet installation)
>
> regards
> gary
>
Re: jet editor java syntax coloring [message #618026 is a reply to message #122266] Mon, 12 May 2008 20:17 Go to previous message
gary s thompson is currently offline gary s thompsonFriend
Messages: 83
Registered: July 2009
Member
Ed Merks wrote:

> Gary,

> It's best to ask about it on the M2T newsgroup, which I've added to the
> "to" list of the reply...


Dear Ed

Many thanks for (re)directing me to the right place. Just as an aside and
as a newbie trying to work out what goes with what and how the whole m2t,
emft, emf, m2t etc acronym soup holds together is quite confusing. For
example just one question (there are more) there seems to be jet and jet2
but will jet2 replace jet in the emf framework?

regards
gary
Re: jet editor java syntax coloring [message #618027 is a reply to message #122290] Mon, 12 May 2008 20:36 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31032
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Gary,

Comments below.

gary thompson wrote:
> Ed Merks wrote:
>
>> Gary,
>
>> It's best to ask about it on the M2T newsgroup, which I've added to
>> the "to" list of the reply...
>
>
> Dear Ed
>
> Many thanks for (re)directing me to the right place. Just as an aside
> and as a newbie trying to work out what goes with what and how the
> whole m2t, emft, emf, m2t etc acronym soup holds together is quite
> confusing.
It's wholesome and nourishing soup! :-P Don't worry, if you go to the
wrong place, I'll notice and send you to the right one, so it's not a
problem.
> For example just one question (there are more) there seems to be jet
> and jet2 but will jet2 replace jet in the emf framework?
That's the idea, yes, but we've not had time to do that work since to a
large extent it should be a big no-op.
>
> regards
> gary
>
>
Previous Topic:[Teneo] Unique Id generation size
Next Topic:[Teneo] Unique Id generation size
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Apr 04 13:17:57 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01561 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top