Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Headless build in Lattice Diamond Eclipse(How to build projects in Lattice Diamond Eclipse from batch file?)
Headless build in Lattice Diamond Eclipse [message #911034] Mon, 10 September 2012 21:19
Richard Haggard is currently offline Richard HaggardFriend
We are building PIC controller software using Lattice Diamond which supplies a modified version 3.6.2 of Eclipse as its its IDE. This version does not have an 'Install New Software' Help menu and I am a Windows programmer so I'm completely clueless as to how to modify the menu structure or how anything for the most part works in the Eclipse world.

The important thing we want to accomplish is to be able to build our projects from a batch file line. It looks like the sort of thing we want to accomplish will follow this sort of format:

eclipsec -nosplash -application org.eclipse.jdt.apt.core.aptBuild -data %WORKSPACE%

This fails because the Java Developers Tools package is not installed and this is where my own ignorance is coming into play. Since there is no 'Install New Software' command available, I went to Oracle to get the JDT and installed it. This didn't help things. The same error happens.

Any ideas how to acquire, install and setup Eclipse so that it knows how to access the aptBuild method in the JDT?
----------------------
Richard Haggard

--------------------------------
Richard Lewis Haggard
Previous Topic:Configure server test
Next Topic:project manager
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 00:48:48 GMT 2024