Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » Buckminster - How to proceed
icon9.gif  Buckminster - How to proceed [message #909628] Fri, 07 September 2012 12:47 Go to next message
Alex Prak is currently offline Alex PrakFriend
Hello,
i have a large project. I just automated the Buildprocess with Ant, because I wanted to integrate my project in a Continuous Integration Server (Jenkins). Now I wanted to integrate the Deployment. I thought I can do everything in Ant. But I have to "create" my RCP Project first. In Eclipse I can export it without Problems. But for the Continuous Integration Server I need it outside of Eclipse.

Ant now compiles my Project. Now I think I need Buckminster for creating my Project (exe and so on). I found very much in google, but I didnt get the Idea of Buckminster. I have no idea how to realise it now. Here is my first Attempt.

rmap
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rmap
	xmlns:xsi="htp://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/RMap-1.0"
	xmlns:bc="htp://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/Common-1.0"
	xmlns:mp="htp://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/MavenProvider-1.0"
	xmlns:pp="htp://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/PDEMapProvider-1.0">

<searchPath name="resources">
		<provider readerType="local" componentTypes="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature" mutable="true" source="true">
			<uri format="file:///{0}/{1}/">
				<bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root" />
				<bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
			</uri>
		</provider>
	</searchPath>
	<locator searchPathRef="resources"/>
</rmap>

cquery
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cq:componentQuery xmlns:cq="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/CQuery-1.0" resourceMap="file:/D:/Workspace/Projectname/de.tdb.product/site.rmap">
    <cq:rootRequest name="de.tdb.product.product" componentType="eclipse.feature" versionDesignator="[3.5.8,3.5.8]"/>
</cq:componentQuery>

The Project contains 14 "sub"-projects and the Product Configuration is based on features. In the Product-Project are files like plugin.properties, p2_development, config.ini, build.properties and so on...
Can I use this files? In google everybody only writes about cquery, rmap, cspex and so on and I really have now Idea how to realise it.
In Jenkins I use the Buckminster Plugin.

I would be grateful for some help! Razz

Alex
Re: Buckminster - How to proceed [message #911190 is a reply to message #909628] Tue, 11 September 2012 06:55 Go to previous message
Alex Prak is currently offline Alex PrakFriend
Ok, now Iam a little wider.

I followed this tutorial (www.ralfebert.de/blog/eclipsercp/rcp_builds/) to create my RCP Project.

But the automated build already exists in Ant. The results of the Build are about 15 Jars. Can I give Buckminster the Jars to creaty my Product (exe...)?
Previous Topic:How to tell buckminster to build from a concrete plugin
Next Topic:Additional p2 utilization actor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 15:08:31 GMT 2024