Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Set excel data type(Don't know how to set data type in second row)
Set excel data type [message #909358] Fri, 07 September 2012 02:31 Go to next message
Kelly Ferrone is currently offline Kelly FerroneFriend
Hello, I'm a college student and new to BIRT still learning all how to use it. I'm using it to make stock market reports for my investing club and I'm getting the raw data from my broker in excel format. When I set up the data source I use the excel as source option, obviously lol. There is an option that asks if I want to use the second row as data type. If I don't check this, the data comes in as "string" and I can't do anything with the data. The problem is I don't know how to say what type it is in excel on the second row. The data type is already set in excel to there respective types but that does not transfer over to BIRT so I have to use the second row as type. The data is just one column for the dates and the other four are OHLC. I tried just putting "date" above the dates and "decimal" above the OHLC columns but I get an error for unknown data type in BIRT. I'v been scouring the internet for the past two weeks trying to find a solution but to no avail. So in short I just need to know how to exactly state the syntax in the second row. Please help me. Thank you!
Re: Set excel data type [message #909712 is a reply to message #909358] Fri, 07 September 2012 16:25 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Can you try the attached spreadsheet?
BTW you should be able to manually set the column type in the data set editor. Just click on the type column.

Jason
  • Attachment: Chart1.xls
    (Size: 16.00KB, Downloaded 194 times)
Previous Topic:Designer plug-in project not working
Next Topic:Question about sample data part in chart examples
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:36:50 GMT 2024