Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Programmatically import pre-existing project from other workspace(Best way to import a project from another workspace?)
Programmatically import pre-existing project from other workspace [message #909218] Thu, 06 September 2012 18:41
Jay Billings is currently offline Jay BillingsFriend
Could anyone point me to an example of importing a general project, one that just holds files with no particular nature, into a workspace? The projects currently exist in another workspace root and I would like to reference them.

I am able to programmatically load the other project using...

// Load the project description from the workspace
projectDescription = ResourcesPlugin.getWorkspace() .loadProjectDescription(Path.fromOSString(defaultProjectFile .getAbsolutePath()));

// Load the project
IPath projectPath = Path.fromOSString(defaultProjectDirectory
.getAbsolutePath());
project = workspaceRoot.getFolder(projectPath).getProject();

but the only file listed in the project is the .project file. None of the other files (pictures, .png) are listed.

I found a link describing how to do this with Java projects using JavaCapabilityConfigurationPage, but I don't think that will work, based on the API description, for a general project.

I would like to reference this external project instead of copying the files. Any thoughts? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jay

Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Twitter: @jayjaybillings
Previous Topic:Use EclipseColorer in own RCP application
Next Topic:JUNO - Changes to Class Perspective
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 03:06:12 GMT 2024