Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Bad user interface design(Eclipse Juno CDT has some bad design features)
Bad user interface design [message #909178] Thu, 06 September 2012 17:21
Charles Owen is currently offline Charles OwenFriend
I teach a course with over 80 students using Eclipse. The designers should try it sometimes. I have had a great deal of difficulty with the Juno version of Eclipse this semester, more than ever before due to some bad design decisions.

1. In Indigo the debug toolbar what a separate bar to the right of the debug tab. Now there is one toolbar. I never had problems with students hitting Run instead of Resume before. Now it happens all of the time. The buttons are too close together and too similar.

2. Alright, who was the TOTAL IDIOT who put a button that disables all breakpoints right next to the resume button? This has to be the dumbest design decision I have seen in recent years.

Sorry to be so blunt, but these two simple changes have cost me many hours of grief. Please get rid of that breakpoint button (there's another in the breakpoint window if you need it) and consider a better separation between Run and Resume or, even better, disabling Run when debugging (you can always use the menu).

Charles
Previous Topic:Format typedefs correctly
Next Topic:Won't accept period in project name?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 03:02:36 GMT 2024