Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Tableeditor
Tableeditor [message #121299] Wed, 11 February 2009 22:54 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: admin.kabe-farben.ch

Hi all

i just downloaded RAP 1.2 M5 and the problems i have with TableEditor in an
TableViewer Cell persist.

When scrolling TableViewer the TableEditor does not scroll (vertically),
When resizing columns the TableEditor does not scroll (horizontally),

I finally found a workaround i will describe here just in case other people
have the same problem:

The solution bases on the observation that a manual layout() on the
tableeditor does move the tableeditor to the correct cell.
Said that, i did the following:
1. added a MouseListener to the TableViewer
2. added a ControlListener for every TableViewer Column
3. added a SelectionListener for every TableViewer Column

now i just called layout() for every TableEditor in use (see example code
below)
public void tableEditorRefreshBug()
{
for (int i=0; i<artikelList.size(); i++)
{
Artikel bugArtikel = (Artikel) artikelList.get(i);
for (int ii=0; ii<bugArtikel.tableEditor.length; ii++)
{
if (bugArtikel.tableEditor[ii]!=null)
bugArtikel.tableEditor[ii].layout();
}
}
}

I used the MouseUp, controlResized und widgetSelected to call the code
above.

Question to the RAP-Team:
Is org.eclipse.swt.custom.TableEditor not (yet) supported?
Maybe only org.eclipse.jface.viewers.CellEditor is supported?

Thanks
Andrej
Re: Tableeditor [message #121553 is a reply to message #121299] Fri, 13 February 2009 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrej Dimic is currently offline Andrej DimicFriend
Messages: 77
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi all

it looks as i'am not going to get an answer/reply to the problem
described, my first posting was on Feb, 8th. As i can see all other
postings are being answered.

Am i doing something wrong, maybe my description is not clear enough?

do i have to open a bug and write a snippet to clarify?

Thanks
Andrej
Re: Tableeditor [message #121685 is a reply to message #121299] Mon, 16 February 2009 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Andrej,

sorry for the late response. Your assumption is right. The
TableEditor code was only activated to support JFace CellEditors and
isn't intended to be used outside CellEditors.

HTH
Rüdiger

Andrej Dimic wrote:
> Hi all
>
> i just downloaded RAP 1.2 M5 and the problems i have with TableEditor in an
> TableViewer Cell persist.
>
> When scrolling TableViewer the TableEditor does not scroll (vertically),
> When resizing columns the TableEditor does not scroll (horizontally),
>
> I finally found a workaround i will describe here just in case other people
> have the same problem:
>
> The solution bases on the observation that a manual layout() on the
> tableeditor does move the tableeditor to the correct cell.
> Said that, i did the following:
> 1. added a MouseListener to the TableViewer
> 2. added a ControlListener for every TableViewer Column
> 3. added a SelectionListener for every TableViewer Column
>
> now i just called layout() for every TableEditor in use (see example code
> below)
> public void tableEditorRefreshBug()
> {
> for (int i=0; i<artikelList.size(); i++)
> {
> Artikel bugArtikel = (Artikel) artikelList.get(i);
> for (int ii=0; ii<bugArtikel.tableEditor.length; ii++)
> {
> if (bugArtikel.tableEditor[ii]!=null)
> bugArtikel.tableEditor[ii].layout();
> }
> }
> }
>
> I used the MouseUp, controlResized und widgetSelected to call the code
> above.
>
> Question to the RAP-Team:
> Is org.eclipse.swt.custom.TableEditor not (yet) supported?
> Maybe only org.eclipse.jface.viewers.CellEditor is supported?
>
> Thanks
> Andrej
>
>
Re: Tableeditor [message #121699 is a reply to message #121685] Mon, 16 February 2009 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrej Dimic is currently offline Andrej DimicFriend
Messages: 77
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Rüdiger

thank you very much for your reply.

do you intend to support TableEditor in a future release of RAP or will
"only" CellEditor be supported?

I do ask because i have to decide wether to leave my code as it is and
wait for a future release of RAP that supports TableEditor (this would be
ok for the moment as i managed to relayout TableEditor manually).

But if you say TableEditor will never be supported i'd better throw away
the TableEditor-Code and subclass Celleditor to write my own Editor (in
fact i need only a Button in a Cell so that should not be terribly
difficult).

Thanks
Andrej
Re: Tableeditor [message #121711 is a reply to message #121699] Tue, 17 February 2009 12:20 Go to previous message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
adiinfo wrote:
> Hi Rüdiger
>
> thank you very much for your reply.
>
> do you intend to support TableEditor in a future release of RAP or will
> "only" CellEditor be supported?
No, we do not intend to support TableEditor "outside" CellEditors.

>
> I do ask because i have to decide wether to leave my code as it is and
> wait for a future release of RAP that supports TableEditor (this would
> be ok for the moment as i managed to relayout TableEditor manually).
>
> But if you say TableEditor will never be supported i'd better throw away
> the TableEditor-Code and subclass Celleditor to write my own Editor (in
> fact i need only a Button in a Cell so that should not be terribly
> difficult).
>
> Thanks
> Andrej
>
>
Previous Topic:webappBuilder.xml / war deployment still supported?
Next Topic:DateTime Widget
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Dec 07 16:29:40 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02744 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top