Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » backing up Jubula(what exactly do we need to store to properly backup our tests?)
backing up Jubula [message #908569] Wed, 05 September 2012 15:21 Go to next message
Erik Gilbert is currently offline Erik GilbertFriend
I've created a Test Project with Test Suites with Test cases and Test steps. It runs and works the way I would like. Now I would like to back up my Project, possibly in Subversion. What exactly do I need to backup? The exported XML project file? Is this enough?
Re: backing up Jubula [message #910884 is a reply to message #908569] Mon, 10 September 2012 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

As with so many excellent questions, it depends on what you need Wink

The project xml will give you:

• Your tests
  • Your AUT configurations
  • Your data (as long as you haven't used external data sources)
  • Your test result history

What it won't give you is (these just off the top of my head - without looking up configuration management in more detail):

• External data
  • Any scripts you use during the test
  • Your environment
  • Any extra plugins / specific versions of Jubula / ...

So, if just having your project and the things it contains is enough, then yes Smile If you need to be able to replicate *exactly* the situation you have on any given day with all that belongs to it, then you probably need to think more about configuration management.

HTH,
Alex
Re: backing up Jubula [message #938833 is a reply to message #910884] Wed, 10 October 2012 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erik Gilbert is currently offline Erik GilbertFriend
But I could recreate my tests on another machine by importing the project xml?
Re: backing up Jubula [message #938972 is a reply to message #938833] Wed, 10 October 2012 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Ziesel is currently offline Felix ZieselFriend
Hi Eric,

yes, you can do this if you consider the limitations Alex already pointed out.
If you use it on another machine you have to ensure that all environment aspects are equal.

Regards,
Felix
Re: backing up Jubula [message #939056 is a reply to message #938972] Wed, 10 October 2012 11:43 Go to previous message
Thomas Schreckenbach is currently offline Thomas SchreckenbachFriend
Hi Eric,

it works fine.

We use the exported XML files in combination with our source repository and a Jenkins server. We use Ant-based projects for automated tests. The XML files are part of the Ant projects. Likewise, used external scripts.

Steps:
1. The testers prepare the Jubula tests locally.
2. The testers export Jubula test projects as XML files.
3. The testers check in the XML files in the source repository.
4. The Jenkins server checks out the Ant project, imports the XML files in case of changes into its database (dbtool) and executes the tests (testexec).
5. The test results will be published on Jenkins with help of the HTML Publisher plugin.

Regards, Thomas
Previous Topic:Object Mapper - manually editing the properties of a technical object
Next Topic:Beginner in Jubula!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:56:25 GMT 2024