Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse C/C++ error message
Eclipse C/C++ error message [message #908060] Tue, 04 September 2012 16:17 Go to next message
Carl-Fabian Strid is currently offline Carl-Fabian StridFriend
I got this message when i try to run my simple program (Hello World!) on my laptop (windows 7)

Program "gcc" not found in PATH
and
sh -c "autoreconf -i"

What does it mean ?
Re: Eclipse C/C++ error message [message #910137 is a reply to message #908060] Sat, 08 September 2012 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
George Rypysc is currently offline George RypyscFriend
Did you install MinGW from Sourceforge?
"PATH" refers to the %PATH% environment variable in Windows. So if you open the Command Prompt on Windows 7 and type:

echo %PATH%

You will see all the folders where Eclipse tries to look for 'gcc' but can't find it.
If you already have MinGW installed, make sure the path to MinGW's "bin" directory is in your Windows PATH.

[Updated on: Sat, 08 September 2012 19:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse C/C++ error message [message #910330 is a reply to message #910137] Sun, 09 September 2012 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carl-Fabian Strid is currently offline Carl-Fabian StridFriend
I got Eclipse and MinGW tools from the following sites

http://eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-cc-developers/junor (eclipse-cpp-juno-win32-x86_64.zip)

I downloaded minGW from Sourceforge (mingw-get-inst-20120426.exe)

When i start a new c project i cant see my code window at all. Its only blank space. How can i see if MinGW bin directory is in my windows PATH ?
Re: Eclipse C/C++ error message [message #910423 is a reply to message #910330] Sun, 09 September 2012 16:17 Go to previous message
George Rypysc is currently offline George RypyscFriend
If you created an empty C project, the area in the center should be blank until you create a source file like 'hello.c' and open it. Can you see the Project Explorer pane on the left-hand side with a folder that has the name of the project you created? If you can't see the Project Explorer pane, go to the Window menu > Show View > Project Explorer. Then just right-click on your project folder > New > Source File > type something like 'hello.c' and hit [Finish].

Quote:
How can i see if MinGW bin directory is in my windows PATH

Already answered: Open a command prompt and type: echo %PATH%

If none of that helps, instead of messing with the Windows PATH, you might try moving the MinGW install into C:\MinGW\ so gcc.exe will be in C:\MinGW\bin\ - but if you do that and then later try to uninstall MinGW, the uninstaller will probably fail. I didn't use the full-blown Windows installer for MinGW like it appears you did. Since I installed from command line with "mingw-get.exe" which was in "mingw-get-0.5-mingw32-beta-20120426-1-bin.zip" from SourceForge, I don't have an Uninstaller and so it shouldn't matter if I moved MinGW to C:\MinGW\.
Previous Topic:Allocation problem
Next Topic:Template template parameter works in cpp file but not in header
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:27:00 GMT 2024