Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » generating xml for the VE Editor
generating xml for the VE Editor [message #120984] Tue, 28 March 2006 11:29 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: altaf_ahmed_in.yahoo.co.in

hi all,

Good to see the VE Project. i have one question.
can i generate the xml file when i do drag and drop for a component. i mean suppose i have dropped the Textbox component then can i generate an xml file which represents this component just like it is being represented in a java class now. Likewise i want to generate xml file for all the components dropped in the visual display.

something like......
<component>
<name>name</name>
<type>textbox</type>
</component>

can anybody tell me how can i achieve this. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

thanks,
Altaf
Re: generating xml for the VE Editor [message #121019 is a reply to message #120984] Tue, 28 March 2006 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

It can be done. But we don't have the examples to do it. At this time it
is complicated. One of the things we wanted to do is to extract out of
our java ve into a smaller class the capability of using the EMF model
of the code as the source instead of the java file source. But we just
haven't had time to do it.

Altaf Ahmed wrote:
> hi all,
>
> Good to see the VE Project. i have one question.
> can i generate the xml file when i do drag and drop for a component. i mean suppose i have dropped the Textbox component then can i generate an xml file which represents this component just like it is being represented in a java class now. Likewise i want to generate xml file for all the components dropped in the visual display.
>
> something like......
> <component>
> <name>name</name>
> <type>textbox</type>
> ......
> </component>
>
> can anybody tell me how can i achieve this. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> Altaf

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: generating xml for the VE Editor [message #121028 is a reply to message #121019] Wed, 29 March 2006 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

hi Rich,

thanks for the response. What i have understood from ur reply is that we can generate the xml probably from the EMF source code model instead of extending it from the java file source. I'll look into it and if at all any update from ur side, please let me know.

Thanks,
Altaf.
Re: generating xml for the VE Editor [message #122121 is a reply to message #121028] Tue, 11 April 2006 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: emperor.inbox.ru

I have the same need, so did you have any progress on it?
Re: generating xml for the VE Editor [message #122175 is a reply to message #122121] Wed, 12 April 2006 05:30 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

hi,

i think its bit difficult to get such requirement now because the VE is basically targeted to be java based. so getting an xml out of it is somewhat difficult but i think not impossible probably.

Any update let me know.

thanks,
Altaf.
Re: generating xml for the VE Editor [message #612375 is a reply to message #120984] Tue, 28 March 2006 19:09 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

It can be done. But we don't have the examples to do it. At this time it
is complicated. One of the things we wanted to do is to extract out of
our java ve into a smaller class the capability of using the EMF model
of the code as the source instead of the java file source. But we just
haven't had time to do it.

Altaf Ahmed wrote:
> hi all,
>
> Good to see the VE Project. i have one question.
> can i generate the xml file when i do drag and drop for a component. i mean suppose i have dropped the Textbox component then can i generate an xml file which represents this component just like it is being represented in a java class now. Likewise i want to generate xml file for all the components dropped in the visual display.
>
> something like......
> <component>
> <name>name</name>
> <type>textbox</type>
> ......
> </component>
>
> can anybody tell me how can i achieve this. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> Altaf

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: generating xml for the VE Editor [message #612376 is a reply to message #121019] Wed, 29 March 2006 04:21 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

hi Rich,

thanks for the response. What i have understood from ur reply is that we can generate the xml probably from the EMF source code model instead of extending it from the java file source. I'll look into it and if at all any update from ur side, please let me know.

Thanks,
Altaf.
Re: generating xml for the VE Editor [message #612598 is a reply to message #121028] Tue, 11 April 2006 15:20 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: emperor.inbox.ru

I have the same need, so did you have any progress on it?
Re: generating xml for the VE Editor [message #612606 is a reply to message #122121] Wed, 12 April 2006 05:30 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

hi,

i think its bit difficult to get such requirement now because the VE is basically targeted to be java based. so getting an xml out of it is somewhat difficult but i think not impossible probably.

Any update let me know.

thanks,
Altaf.
Previous Topic:Odd SWT ProgressBar behavior
Next Topic:What’s New for Callisto?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:34:12 GMT 2024