Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Merge tool disabled on conflict mode
Merge tool disabled on conflict mode [message #906029] Fri, 31 August 2012 13:38 Go to next message
Sammaye M is currently offline Sammaye MFriend
Hi,

First off I am a bit of a Git noob.

I have successfully merged my dev branch to my production branch with conflicts. I know I can edit the conflicts manually but I read in merge tools and liked what I heard so I thought I would try it out however the option is grey out on the conflict files.

I did post a detailed explanation of this problem on SO but ironically I can't post it here due to spam rules.

I have looked around a bit more since posting that question and now I am really confused about why merge tools does not show for me. I can clearly see the conflicts in my branch from merging and I can see the conflict icons next to the files/folders however when I right click to use the merge tools it is greyed out.

How can I go about finding out why this is happening and solving the issue?

One more question: I accidently added one of my conflicts to the index without resolving the conflicts (started playing around trying to get the tools working), is there a way to revert that action?

Thanks,

Edit: I found out how to remove it from git index thanks to SO who hinted at the git staging view Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 31 August 2012 14:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Merge tool disabled on conflict mode [message #907362 is a reply to message #906029] Mon, 03 September 2012 21:08 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
> I did post a detailed explanation of this problem on SO

what is SO ? How about filing a bug in Bugzilla ?
Previous Topic:EGit and Google repo not working on Windows with Cygwin
Next Topic:JGit Custom Command
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:35:19 GMT 2024