Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » EGit and repositories with large files
EGit and repositories with large files [message #905363] Thu, 30 August 2012 08:33 Go to next message
Piotr Tomiak is currently offline Piotr TomiakFriend
Hey All!

Handling large files is a known issue with Git. I would like to know, if there are any solutions developed by Eclipse community.

We are migrating our old CVS repositories to Git. We have some projects, in which we need to store large JAR files (~40MB). We want to version those files (or at least their hashes), but we do not want to download the whole history (~400MB). We would like to download those file on demand. Is there any EGit based solutions for handling large files? I know about several, but they do not work with EGit, i.e. using smudge/clean filters. How are such big files handled in repositories hosted by eclipse.org?

Regards,
Piotr Tomiak
Re: EGit and repositories with large files [message #907364 is a reply to message #905363] Mon, 03 September 2012 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
There is no such thing as download on demand in JGit/EGit at the moment.
I don't know if there is any special handling of such large files hosted by eclipse.org, ask webmaster@eclipse.org.
Re: EGit and repositories with large files [message #909042 is a reply to message #905363] Thu, 06 September 2012 13:00 Go to previous message
Piotr Tomiak is currently offline Piotr TomiakFriend
Thanks for reply. Are there any plans to introduce download on demand in EGit?
Previous Topic:Weird Simply in front of project name,I can not use some egit funtion s
Next Topic:create patch and gitignore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:14:57 GMT 2024