Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Multiple notation elements referencing the same domain element
Multiple notation elements referencing the same domain element [message #904595] Tue, 28 August 2012 19:23 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi!

Is it possible for multiple notation elements to reference the same
domain element? To illustrate my intent:

Assume you want to construct the boolean expression

(X AND Y) OR (X AND Z)

by putting together the syntax tree in a GMF Editor. In the tree
representation the variable X should appear twice whereas the underlying
domain element should only exist once as it is the same variable.

Regards,

Sebastian
Re: Multiple notation elements referencing the same domain element [message #905998 is a reply to message #904595] Fri, 31 August 2012 12:38 Go to previous message
Arto Jarvinen is currently offline Arto JarvinenFriend
See for instance this thread: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/370754/. The answer is yes. I have implemented a cut and paste for notational elements (referring to the same domain element) and a delete of such domain elements implying a delete of all the corresponding notational elements in all diagrams which I haven't completely solved yet. Let me know how you solve that problem. I'm choosing between two strategies: keeping the whole model (notation and domain) accessible through the editing domain at all times and do all changes immediately. Or deleting views of deleted domain objects when a diagram is opened. Haven't thought through all implications yet. -A

Previous Topic:Several diagrams for large models
Next Topic:Shared Editing Domain - Errors after saving diagram changes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:38:15 GMT 2024