Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » TableViewer refresh() runs slower in exported application than when run from Eclipse IDE(TableViewer refresh is slow)
TableViewer refresh() runs slower in exported application than when run from Eclipse IDE [message #904261] Tue, 28 August 2012 05:46
Rahul Joshi is currently offline Rahul JoshiFriend
In my application I have a text box where in as the user types in, the table gets filtered based on the entered text. Below is the snippet of code which I execute.

searchText.addModifyListener(new ModifyListener() {

public void modifyText(ModifyEvent e) {

filter.setSearchText(searchText.getText());

memberViewer.refresh();
}
});

When I run the application from within the IDE, and say I type in a letter "p" that triggers the modifylistener, the time it took was 1183 ms. Subsequently when I type in the next letter say "a" it took 723 ms.

Compare that to if I run the same application after I export it using the Eclipse Product Export wizard and for the same size of the table as above, and for the same letters it took 4883 and 1880 ms respectively.

In both cases I have around 200 rows in the Table. The same difference was observed for any characters and for any number of rows.

Any idea what might be causing the exported version to slowdown? I am using JRE 1.6

thanks
RJ
Previous Topic:java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
Next Topic:Project does not rebuild (SOLVED)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 00:15:19 GMT 2024