Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Some queries not working following move to Juno (i.e.BIRT 4.2)
Some queries not working following move to Juno (i.e.BIRT 4.2) [message #903592] Fri, 24 August 2012 13:04 Go to next message
Paul Ramsden is currently offline Paul RamsdenFriend
Messages: 84
Registered: February 2011
Location: BW, Germany
Member
Yesterday I moved to eclipse Juno. Previously I was using BIRT 3.7.2 and now it is 4.2.0. The deployment still runs with BIRT 3.2.7.

I have a library with about 15 DataSets. I found that 2 of them throw the following error when previewing the results:

Cannot execute the statement.
  JDBCexception: SQL staement does not return a ResultSet object.
SQL error #1: Value for parameter number 1 was not set.


The first time I got this, it disappeared after I edited the query. I believe that I only removed some spaces.

The second time I have not been able to correct the problem.

I checked the deployment and that seems fine. It seems to just be a problem in the development environment.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?
Re: Some queries not working following move to Juno (i.e.BIRT 4.2) [message #903624 is a reply to message #903592] Fri, 24 August 2012 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

If you develop reports in 4.2 they are not going to run on a 3.7.2
deployment. In development by default a parameter file gets created
that is used for subsequent runs. When you run the report do you get
prompted for the parameter?

Jason

On 8/24/2012 9:04 AM, Paul Ramsden wrote:
> Yesterday I moved to eclipse Juno. Previously I was using BIRT 3.7.2 and
> now it is 4.2.0. The deployment still runs with BIRT 3.2.7.
>
> I have a library with about 15 DataSets. I found that 2 of them throw
> the following error when previewing the results:
>
>
> Cannot execute the statement.
> JDBCexception: SQL staement does not return a ResultSet object.
> SQL error #1: Value for parameter number 1 was not set.
>
>
> The first time I got this, it disappeared after I edited the query. I
> believe that I only removed some spaces.
>
> The second time I have not been able to correct the problem.
>
> I checked the deployment and that seems fine. It seems to just be a
> problem in the development environment.
>
> Does anyone know what might be causing this?
Re: Some queries not working following move to Juno (i.e.BIRT 4.2) [message #903880 is a reply to message #903624] Mon, 27 August 2012 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Ramsden is currently offline Paul RamsdenFriend
Messages: 84
Registered: February 2011
Location: BW, Germany
Member
At present, I'm only having problems with one query. The error occurs when using the Preview Results page of the Data Set wizard as well as the Preview tab of the report. If I remove the WHERE clause there is no error.

The 3 parameters are defined with default values and there is no prompt when I switch to the Preview Results page.

You mention a parameter file. Where is that stored? Can I delete it?

Thanks
Paul
Re: Some queries not working following move to Juno (i.e.BIRT 4.2) [message #904026 is a reply to message #903880] Mon, 27 August 2012 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend
Messages: 9167
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Paul,

Look for the same file name with an extension of rptconfig. You should
be able to delete it without any issues.

Jason

On 8/27/2012 1:16 AM, Paul Ramsden wrote:
> At present, I'm only having problems with one query. The error occurs
> when using the Preview Results page of the Data Set wizard as well as
> the Preview tab of the report. If I remove the WHERE clause there is no
> error.
>
> The 3 parameters are defined with default values and there is no prompt
> when I switch to the Preview Results page.
>
> You mention a parameter file. Where is that stored? Can I delete it?
>
> Thanks
> Paul
Re: Some queries not working following move to Juno (i.e.BIRT 4.2) [message #904392 is a reply to message #903592] Tue, 28 August 2012 11:14 Go to previous message
Paul Ramsden is currently offline Paul RamsdenFriend
Messages: 84
Registered: February 2011
Location: BW, Germany
Member
It's working again now. I cut out parts of the query until it started working and pasted the bits back in again until it was complete again. I can't see any difference to the original but I'm happy that it works :-/
Previous Topic:Problem with scatter charts
Next Topic:report doesn't show up
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Oct 17 20:16:22 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01629 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top