Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » [Solved] Cross-project #include error
[Solved] Cross-project #include error [message #903152] Wed, 22 August 2012 09:02 Go to next message
J H is currently offline J HFriend
I have two projects, an executable and a static library, each with their own source folder. There are many instances of a file from one being #included from the other:

When I try to compile either project, it finds header files from the other project ok, but fails when they in turn include a file from this project.

==================================

Edit: This wasn't a CDT problem, I needed to add the path to 'this project' to the includes.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 August 2012 15:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cross-project #include error [message #903288 is a reply to message #903152] Wed, 22 August 2012 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Schweyer is currently offline Nick SchweyerFriend
hi,

I had similar problems building a project. For some time everything worked well. But then with some changes I got error messages that header files cannot be found and so on.

My solution was to switch to cmake. I had to learn how to use it but then cmake did the job - with some help of some friends Smile

Niko

Eclipse-CDT Version: 2019-12 (4.14.0), Win10 64bit
Re: Cross-project #include error [message #903530 is a reply to message #903288] Fri, 24 August 2012 07:35 Go to previous message
J H is currently offline J HFriend
Thanks, but we already have a makefile working for this project, and I'm required to convert it to Eclipse.

Anyone else know any ways to get this working via Eclipse? I'd rather not have a pre-build step that copies the entire contents of two projects to a new folder if I can avoid it!
Previous Topic:Directory Management
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Debugging not working while running works
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 22:53:02 GMT 2024