Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » debugging struts using eclipse
debugging struts using eclipse [message #903112] Wed, 22 August 2012 05:20 Go to next message
howard hardaway is currently offline howard hardawayFriend
I am tring to debug struts using eclipse and I am getting the following error:
Source not found. and it is on the following line:

LoginAction.execute(ActionMapping,ActionForm,HttpServletRequest,HttpServletResponse)

I have added the source jakarta-struts-1.1-src.zip but it does not work. Are there any examples that show how to do this.

Howard
Re: debugging struts using eclipse [message #903676 is a reply to message #903112] Fri, 24 August 2012 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duncan Krebs is currently offline Duncan KrebsFriend

Hi,
I did not seee that class in the struts jar, not totally sure but you might be testing a sample app that has a custom class called LoginAction that extends Action which is why you are not able to view the source as I don't think its part of the lib.
Re: debugging struts using eclipse [message #903754 is a reply to message #903676] Sat, 25 August 2012 14:20 Go to previous message
Javin Paul is currently offline Javin PaulFriend

On related note While debugging framework code like Spring or Struts its best to attach source with JAR, this will makes debugging easy and your breakpoint will take you on correct place in source.
Previous Topic:Trouble in CSS
Next Topic:Eclipse WAR builds contains .java files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:20:59 GMT 2024