Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to start AUT which is JNLP(The AUT is a C/S Java Swing project, and it is started by JNLP, how can I start it by Jubula)
icon3.gif  How to start AUT which is JNLP [message #902317] Fri, 17 August 2012 03:03 Go to next message
Lizzy Liu is currently offline Lizzy LiuFriend
I want to use Jubula do the test for a Java Swing C/S project, and this product is started by jnlp file.
I tried to wrap this jnlp file in a bat file, the format is like this:

@echo off
C:\Windows\System32\javaws.exe h-t-t-p://192.xx.xx.xx/java-client/app/launch.jnlp

Or with this: (Note: This is the same with the settings in the properties of the shortcut of this project after have download once:)

C:\Windows\System32\javaws.exe -localfile "C:\Program Files\jubula_6.0.00072\examples\AUTs\SimpleAdder\swing\56ae210e-5deadec4"

But all these can't work, I have start the aut agent and have connected to it, and add the test case to the test suite, and opened the object mapping node.

Would you please tell me how I can start the AUT which is jnlp with the Jubula? Thanks a lot.
Re: How to start AUT which is JNLP [message #903985 is a reply to message #902317] Mon, 27 August 2012 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The procedure for testing web start apps is indeed to download them to a specific place and start them from there (i.e. the actual web start mechanism is not supported).
I assume that you will have to download the application, locate the bat / cmd / jar / exe file, and enter that location in the AUT configuration dialog.

If you can double-click the downloaded executable file, then you should be able to enter it in the AUT configuration dialog and then start the AUT using the "start AUT" toolbar button.

HTH,
Alex
Re: How to start AUT which is JNLP [message #904306 is a reply to message #902317] Tue, 28 August 2012 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lukas Rypl is currently offline Lukas RyplFriend
Hi Lizzy,

Download all jar files listed in the JNLP file and start it as a normal java application with all the downloaded jar files in the classpath.

Lukas
Re: How to start AUT which is JNLP [message #912135 is a reply to message #904306] Thu, 13 September 2012 02:13 Go to previous message
Lizzy Liu is currently offline Lizzy LiuFriend
Thanks All,

I have resolved this by using the Expert configuration, and the settings is in the Excutable Jar File field, input the client.jar file. And in the classpath field, input the services related jar file. and configure some parameters in the JRE arguments field.
Previous Topic:get Information about locked database items
Next Topic:Reason 7009: Testexec.exe works localhost but not remote with same config.xml
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 12:27:24 GMT 2024