Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Problem with Compiler Settings(Eclipse ruins my compiler settings)
Problem with Compiler Settings [message #900657] Wed, 08 August 2012 04:45
Benjamin Kiepke is currently offline Benjamin KiepkeFriend
Hi,

my first post. I don't really know what to search for, so sorry if a post like this already exists.

My problem is, that I setup a eclipse CDT C project under GNU/Debian with a compiler different from the default gcc-compiler. For the project I use arm-linux-gcc (2.95). After setting up includes, libraries and build steps, I'm able to compile the project. For some reason, which is far beyond my knowledge of eclipse, sometimes settings get messed up by eclipse so the project doesn't compile anymore and I get some weired compiler errors. If I create a new project, copy source code and settings (last one by hand, not a file or something) everythings works again. So I did not change any source or setting, but it looks like eclipse does.

Here is my real world example: I create a project and use arm-linux-gcc with libxml2-library. So let's say there is a file with the following content:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#include <libxml/parser.h>

When I compile this with the old project I get the following bogus compiler messages:
/lincon/i8k/opt/include/libxml2/libxml/parser.h:788: parse error before `0x00'
So the program does not compile, because of this. I also checked with a hexeditor the parser.h-file there is no "0x00" inside this file!

When I create a new CDT C project, setup the build-settings, verify that this build-settings are the same as in the old project, verify again that the build-settings in the new project are the same as in the old project, copy the source files of the old project to the new one, everythings works again, no bogus compiler errors, until eclipse gets bored and mess the settings up again!

Really I'm not sure if "mess the settings up again" is the best description, but I don't have neither any idea why this happens nor what really happen. Why does after some time (days, weeks, month) without changing settings the project not compile anymore? Which file contains this settings, so I can back it up and recover it, which would be a workaround I can live with? And may have a chance to compare old and new file.

For me this is clearly a eclipse problem. I don't have these problems when using a texteditor and a make file. It's not a problem of the include files or something like that.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance

Previous Topic:Problem Message with my first project
Next Topic:Eclipse Juno with CDT 8.1.0 compiler bug?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:08:58 GMT 2024