Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Toolchains are not listed when supported checkbox is checked
Toolchains are not listed when supported checkbox is checked [message #900195] Sun, 05 August 2012 08:00 Go to next message
Lijo Lijo is currently offline Lijo LijoFriend
When I try to create an executable project (in Windows 7), I am not seeing the toolchains to select. But when I uncheck the checkbox named "Show project types and toolchains only if they are supported on the platform".

Why Cygwin is not supported in this platform (even though it is available in preferences)?

What need to be done here to correct it?

• Attachment: Exe2.png
    (Size: 59.78KB, Downloaded 286 times)
  • Attachment: Pref 3.png
    (Size: 49.36KB, Downloaded 278 times)
  • Attachment: Preferences.png
    (Size: 44.09KB, Downloaded 240 times)
  • Attachment: Exe1.png
    (Size: 56.74KB, Downloaded 302 times)
Re: Toolchains are not listed when supported checkbox is checked [message #900205 is a reply to message #900195] Sun, 05 August 2012 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
On 08/05/2012 03:00 AM, Lijo Lijo wrote:
> When I try to create an executable project (in Windows 7), I am not seeing the toolchains to select. But when I uncheck the checkbox named "Show project types and toolchains only if they are supported on the platform".
>
> Why Cygwin is not supported in this platform (even though it is available in preferences)?
>
> What need to be done here to correct it?
>
>
Executable is a project category not a project type. You need to expand
the category to see the types listed under it. Notice the scroll bar
under the Project Type frame is slightly to the right. Scroll all the
way back to the left and expand the Executable category. You should
then be able to select a type under Executable.
Re: Toolchains are not listed when supported checkbox is checked [message #900206 is a reply to message #900205] Sun, 05 August 2012 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lijo Lijo is currently offline Lijo LijoFriend
@David Wegener. Please see the screenshots, even when I selected the project type, the toolchains are not listed when the checkbox is checked
Re: Toolchains are not listed when supported checkbox is checked [message #900480 is a reply to message #900206] Tue, 07 August 2012 09:21 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Lijo Lijo wrote on Sun, 05 August 2012 17:12
@David Wegener. Please see the screenshots, even when I selected the project type, the toolchains are not listed when the checkbox is checked

You cut off the bottom of the dialog. The "expand/collapse" control is there but it is behind the left edge. If you move the slide on the bottom to the left it will reveal the "expand/collapse" control.
see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=383032

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:What is this pin/arrow Label Decoration in the upper right?
Next Topic:Which version of CDT for eclipse 3.8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:58:41 GMT 2024