Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Support for JFace TableViewer Providers
icon5.gif  Support for JFace TableViewer Providers [message #899598] Wed, 01 August 2012 14:33 Go to next message
Darrel Karisch is currently offline Darrel KarischFriend
Is adding this support somewhere in the pipeline?

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=379954
Re: Support for JFace TableViewer Providers [message #899735 is a reply to message #899598] Thu, 02 August 2012 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Hi,

looking at the current architecture of the NatTable, this doesn't make sense. JFace ColumnLabelProvider is working with ViewerCell objects, which aren't used by the NatTable as it has its own ILayerCells. The JFace IContentProvider is used with JFace Viewer objects. And the NatTable is not a JFace viewer.

So, no it is not in the pipeline and IMHO it doesn't make sense to do this. I'm not quite sure if it is possible.

But it wasn't discussed with the project team already. Maybe I'm seeing things wrong and it will be added in the future.

Greez,
Dirk
Re: Support for JFace TableViewer Providers [message #900083 is a reply to message #899598] Fri, 03 August 2012 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edwin Park is currently offline Edwin ParkFriend
I'm sure an adapter layer could be created to make this work, but Dirk is right in that the concepts are a bit different so a decent amount of translation would be required. Personally I'd need to become more familiar with the JFace api to do this properly. If this is important to you and/or if you have JFace development expertise you can bring to bear on this please let us know.

Thanks,
Edwin
Re: Support for JFace TableViewer Providers [message #901937 is a reply to message #900083] Wed, 15 August 2012 07:40 Go to previous message
Thomas  Mäder is currently offline Thomas MäderFriend
I think it wouldn't be too much of a problem to write a viewer that can use an IStructuredContentProvider to populate the rows of a NatTable. The big difference with the regular JFace table-like viewers is that they are row/column based, whereas NatTable is a grid. So one would have to introduce some kind of column model which which works with the content provider to populate the cells and provides configuration. Also, selections, actions (see, for example StructuredViewer.addDoubleClickListener()), etc. should be translated into a row/column based vocabulary. It's certainly a couple of weeks work, though.
Previous Topic:Enable Eclipse commands based on selections within NatTable
Next Topic:Custom Editors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:45:46 GMT 2024