Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » B3 » Can't get "Validation Repositories" working(Can't get "Validation Repositories" working)
Can't get "Validation Repositories" working [message #897890] Wed, 25 July 2012 11:26 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I have an aggregation model with one Validation Set and one Contribution. The Contribution contains two mapped repositories. The aggregation build runs successfully.

Now, I'm adding a Validation Repository to the Validation Set and using the URL of one of the Mapped Repositories as Location for the Validation Repository. The Mapped Repository containing the reused URL is then removed.

Now, the aggregation fails with unsatisfied dependencies although from a consistency viewpoint the situation should not have changed. A least this is my understanding of the idea of a "Validation Repository".

Am I misunderstanding something? Any other configuration to do to make Validation Repositories working?

Thanks
Re: Can't get "Validation Repositories" working [message #897921 is a reply to message #897890] Wed, 25 July 2012 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Your understanding is correct. You should be able to add a validation repository and then remove the same repository
from your aggregation with the intention of not including content this repository in the final result. There should not
be any difference unless the removed repository definition had some children (rules, included features etc.).

Some more info would be useful. Are you using public repos? If so, would it be possible for you to post your failing
aggregation?

- thomas

On 07/25/2012 01:26 PM, Klaus Kopecz wrote:
> I have an aggregation model with one Validation Set and one Contribution. The Contribution contains two mapped
> repositories. The aggregation build runs successfully.
>
> Now, I'm adding a Validation Repository to the Validation Set and using the URL of one of the Mapped Repositories as
> Location for the Validation Repository. The Mapped Repository containing the reused URL is then removed.
>
> Now, the aggregation fails with unsatisfied dependencies although from a consistency viewpoint the situation should not
> have changed. A least this is my understanding of the idea of a "Validation Repository".
>
> Am I misunderstanding something? Any other configuration to do to make Validation Repositories working?
>
> Thanks
Re: Can't get "Validation Repositories" working [message #898332 is a reply to message #897921] Thu, 26 July 2012 08:44 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
I've found the reason for the difference. I'm partly working with non-greedy requirements (greedy=false). For them, it makes a difference whether the required resource is located in a contribution or in a validation repository. I must say this difference makes sense. I actually can use it now for validating whether the right non-greedy requirements have been set. Great tool!
Previous Topic:Maven2 Repositories
Next Topic:problem mirroring Juno after SR1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:26:05 GMT 2024