Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Observation mode's problem recording TableViewer(Observation mode doesn't catch click in a Table/TableViewer, when there's more than 1 column)
Observation mode's problem recording TableViewer [message #897487] Tue, 24 July 2012 09:26 Go to next message
Piotr Gorny is currently offline Piotr GornyFriend
Hi,
I've been trying to record - in an observation mode - a test, where I click in a TableViewer. I've got TreeViewer next to it (one column) and each click in a tree is recorded (and shown in a observation console), whereas clicks in a TableViewer are not! They don't appear in a console nor in the test case editor as a step.

I spent some time trying to investigate it further and here's what I found (I'm writing specifically about TableViewer, because I haven't tried to test plain Table - viewer is just a wrapper around the table, but it can be the case that it contributes to the error):
1. If the TableViewer has just 1 column, then clicks are recorded.
2. As soon as second column is added, clicks stop being recorded.
3. Only clicks in the middle of a row filled with data are ignored - if I click on table's lines, or below last row this will be recorded as e.g. "Click in Component on browserViewerTable ("Name","Date modified")" - I've set "browserViewerTable" as the component's name (on a Table via setData(..).

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using the following software versions:
- Jubula - 1.2.1.
- AUT - RCP v.3.6.2.
- JVM 6u30, 32bit

Thank you in advance for any answers.
Re: Observation mode's problem recording TableViewer [message #897762 is a reply to message #897487] Wed, 25 July 2012 08:35 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

There are a couple of known problems with table recording:
https://bxapps.bredex.de/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=100
https://bxapps.bredex.de/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=176

I would suggest specifying the tests for the table using the unbound modules - information on testing with the modules can be found in the Cheat Sheet "First Steps" which can be started via the help menu.

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Different test results between GUI Jubula and test executor via command line
Next Topic:Check the properties of the GEF components
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:28:42 GMT 2024