Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » BPMN 2 Issue: start event to exclusive gateways
BPMN 2 Issue: start event to exclusive gateways [message #896723] Thu, 19 July 2012 13:49 Go to next message
Rui Domingues is currently offline Rui DominguesFriend
Hi.

I've a doubt about the use of exclusive gateways.
I think I'm right when I say that it is possible connect a start event to an EXCLUSIVE gateway (regarding metamodel), but at that point of the execution, on what can one do a decision? At this point the decision can't be made using some input of user(human), it must be made based on process metadata or something, is it right?

My question is : In a real world application, does it make sense (to connect start event to exclusive gateway)

On the other hand, if in one application that it is not allowed, we have a metamodel violation or just some additional restriction

Thanks in advance.
Rui
Re: BPMN 2 Issue: start event to exclusive gateways [message #896770 is a reply to message #896723] Thu, 19 July 2012 16:28 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Rui,

The StartEvent may have one or more event definitions (a "trigger") that describe how the process is started (Message, Timer, Signal, etc.) The ExclusiveGateway then has access to that trigger information which can be used in the condition expression. So, yes it does make sense to allow a StartEvent to flow directly into an ExclusiveGateway.

HTH,
Bob
Previous Topic:BPMN2 Modeler project status updates
Next Topic:How to create Timer event?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:47:11 GMT 2024