Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Source code from folder in "subst" unit, not found
Source code from folder in "subst" unit, not found [message #896450] Wed, 18 July 2012 12:22 Go to next message
Lucas Ventura Carro is currently offline Lucas Ventura CarroFriend
Hi!

I'm having an issue with the Java source code attachment feature, but I dont' know if it's a bug.
First of all, my environment where I tested:

• Windows (7 64bits)
  • Eclipse Indigo SR1 (with plugins) and SR2 (clean)
  • JDK 1.6.0_30

I have a "subst"'d unit* (from now on "Z"). I have all (or almost all) projects (which are Java and a few are Webapps) in that unit, which in fact is mapped to a folder inside my OS unit ("C"). I have also other phisical unit ("D").
The projects, reference any .jar needed, using the "Z" unit, where are the .jar generated's (with ant) and the source code. But I want that .jar's, use the source code folder, located in that "Z" unit, but when I attach it, Eclipse tells that can't find source code in that location. If I use the original location (where the map points), it works. If I move the code to "D" unit, it also works. So I think that there is a problem with that "subst"'d unit.

Example:
I executed the command shell:
subst z: C:\working_long_name_folder

Project bar, located in z:\bar, generates the library in z:\bar\lib\bar.jar.
Project foo, located in z:\foo, needs the library bar.jar, and references the library z:\bar\lib\bar.jar.
When in Eclipse -> Package Explorer -> foo project -> Referenced Libraries -> bar.jar -> Properties, there selecting Java Source Attachment, as Location:
Z:/bar

And opening a .class from the .jar, Eclipse shows the "Source not found" editor. Selecting instead as Location:
C:/working_long_name_folder/bar

Works great. Copying the source code, to the "D", and set Location:
D:/bar

Also works.

It is a bug?

I can't test if in Linux with soft links could fail too. I don't know how could be "similar" for Mac OS.

* P.S.: As I can't post a link to external site, you will have to search in google "subst windows", and you'll get it.

Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 18 July 2012 12:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Source code from folder in "subst" unit, not found [message #900470 is a reply to message #896450] Tue, 07 August 2012 08:40 Go to previous message
Lucas Ventura Carro is currently offline Lucas Ventura CarroFriend
Little bump.
Nothing? Should I open a bug?

[Updated on: Wed, 08 August 2012 07:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Annotation Processing sometimes misses annotated class
Next Topic:GUI : display-defect, Hiragana
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 15:19:11 GMT 2024