Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » [SOLVED] debugger under eclipse CDT fails due to "permission not allowed"
icon5.gif  [SOLVED] debugger under eclipse CDT fails due to "permission not allowed" [message #894482] Mon, 09 July 2012 11:51 Go to next message
Laurent Alebarde is currently offline Laurent AlebardeFriend
Hi all,

My PC being out of order, I setup another one and included the hard disk containing my projects. So my /home/alain is linked with a "ln -s" to my other disk to my home folder there. I precise that because it may be usefull.

I cleaned my eclipse/CDT project and rebuilt it. At this step, it is alright.

Then when I start the debugger, it stops with :
.gdbinit: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type. --> No file nor folder of this type 
Reading symbols from /disk_alain/alain/Documents/WorkSpace/EncryptLines/Debug/EncryptLines...done.
/bin/bash: /disk_alain/alain/Documents/WorkSpace/EncryptLines/Debug/EncryptLines: Permission non accordée --> Permission not granted 
/bin/bash: ligne 0 : exec: /disk_alain/alain/Documents/WorkSpace/EncryptLines/Debug/EncryptLines : impossible d'exécuter : Permission non accordée --> Impossible to execute : Permission not granted

I checked that I am owner of every files. My new system is built with the same users ID than the old one.

I have the option -g3 for the compiler in the Debug profile. I also tried -g :
g++-4.7.1 -DDEBUG -I"/disk_alain/alain/Documents/WorkSpace/MyUtils/src" -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0  -std=c++11 -march=corei7 -mtune=corei7

Concerning .gdbinit, I deleted the "GDB command file" entry under Run -> Debug Donfigurations... -> Debugger, that suppress one error message, but the others remain.

Concerning the permissions not granted, I am puzzled. Any clue please ?

[Updated on: Mon, 09 July 2012 12:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: debugger under eclipse CDT fails due to "permission not allowed" [message #894486 is a reply to message #894482] Mon, 09 July 2012 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
How did you mount /disk_alain? I guess you have no right to execute programs (see mount manpage and noexec mount option).

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: debugger under eclipse CDT fails due to "permission not allowed" [message #894491 is a reply to message #894486] Mon, 09 July 2012 12:28 Go to previous message
Laurent Alebarde is currently offline Laurent AlebardeFriend
Thanks very much Axel, you get it !
mount -o remount,exec /dev/sdb2

It works !
Previous Topic:How to pass external compilation/test result to eclipse IDE
Next Topic:Hackystat with CDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 13:02:53 GMT 2024