Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » [Q] Build Path - difference between Use as a source and Include
[Q] Build Path - difference between Use as a source and Include [message #894426] Mon, 09 July 2012 08:09 Go to next message
sNop is currently offline sNopFriend
Hi,

what is the difference between this two menu items in PHP Explorer Context Menu?

On the picture in attachment is location of the menu items.

Thank you
Re: [Q] Build Path - difference between Use as a source and Include [message #894646 is a reply to message #894426] Tue, 10 July 2012 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Hi sNop,
I'm not sure what's the question since you're not a newbie...

PHP Project has a source folder to build. It is same as the project folder by default and it can be customized at Preferences > PHP > New Project Layout.
'Use as Source Folder' changes it on the fly.(this action adjusts inclusion/exclusion pattern also)

'Include' simply adds selected folder to build path.

'Exclude' simply removes selected folder from build path.

Include/Exclude are convenient actions for modifying build path(inclusion/exclusion pattern). See Configure Build Path(or Project Properties) > PHP Build Path.

This is a feature of DLTK and it had been introduced in pdt 2.0.

Best regards
Re: [Q] Build Path - difference between Use as a source and Include [message #895183 is a reply to message #894646] Wed, 11 July 2012 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Gruendler is currently offline Robert GruendlerFriend
i think sNop meant the 2 menu entries in the top-level right click menu: "Build Path" and "Include Path" and what the difference between these 2 paths is. this stackoverflow answer sums it up quite nicely.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 July 2012 22:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Q] Build Path - difference between Use as a source and Include [message #895196 is a reply to message #895183] Thu, 12 July 2012 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toshihiro Izumi is currently offline Toshihiro IzumiFriend
Oh, I didn't guess so because of buildpath2.jpg Cool
Re: [Q] Build Path - difference between Use as a source and Include [message #895270 is a reply to message #895183] Thu, 12 July 2012 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think this, Thosi wrote right answer.

On 12. 7. 2012 0:05, Robert Gründler wrote:
> i think sNop meant the 2 menu entries in the top-level right click menu: "Build Path" and "Include Path" and what the difference between these 2 paths is. this
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/981956/whats-the-difference-between-the-build-path-and-the-include-path-in-eclipse-pdt sums it up quite nicely.
Re: [Q] Build Path - difference between Use as a source and Include [message #895273 is a reply to message #894646] Thu, 12 July 2012 10:33 Go to previous message
On 10. 7. 2012 2:02, Toshihiro Izumi wrote:
> Hi sNop,
> I'm not sure what's the question since you're not a newbie...
>

sry, I didn't study the difference, I simply ask here :), was lazy

> PHP Project has a source folder to build. It is same as the project folder by default and it can be customized at Preferences > PHP > New Project Layout.
> 'Use as Source Folder' changes it on the fly.(this action adjusts inclusion/exclusion pattern also)

Exactly what i want to know, thank you

The menu item 'Use as Source Folder' confused me, I absolutely understand how build path works.

>
> 'Include' simply adds selected folder to build path.
>
> 'Exclude' simply removes selected folder from build path.
>
> Include/Exclude are convenient actions for modifying build path(inclusion/exclusion pattern). See Configure Build Path(or Project Properties) > PHP Build Path.
>
> This is a feature of DLTK and it had been introduced in pdt 2.0.
>
> Best regards
>
Previous Topic:Regression in Juno? Dragging source files between Windows
Next Topic:External Tools
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:40:24 GMT 2024