Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to save old BIRT rptdesign in newer version?
How to save old BIRT rptdesign in newer version? [message #893905] Thu, 05 July 2012 22:13 Go to next message
R J is currently offline R JFriend
Hi,

I have upgraded Eclipse to Indigo (3.7.2). Used eclipse-reporting-indigo-SR2-win32-x86_64. Every time I modify the rptDesign file it prompts with a message - "The report was created with earlier...." Please see the attachment for the complete text. I don't want to upgrade, for business reasons want to continue with the previous version of rptdesign file. How do I do it?

index.php/fa/10592/0/

Thank you.

RJ
  • Attachment: Message.JPG
    (Size: 19.52KB, Downloaded 1439 times)
Re: How to save old BIRT rptdesign in newer version? [message #894028 is a reply to message #893905] Fri, 06 July 2012 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
You could download the standalone BIRT RCP designer corresponding to the version that the reports were written in and then maintain them in that, outside of eclipse itself?
Re: How to save old BIRT rptdesign in newer version? [message #894071 is a reply to message #893905] Fri, 06 July 2012 14:28 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

BIRT does not have this feature. If you are not using any specific
features of the newer version you could try to replace the version lines
in the xml with the older version.

Jason

On 7/5/2012 6:13 PM, R J wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have upgraded Eclipse to Indigo (3.7.2). Used eclipse-reporting-indigo-SR2-win32-x86_64. Every time I modify the rptDesign file it prompts with a message - "The report was created with earlier...." Please see the attachment for the complete text. I don't want to upgrade, for business reasons want to continue with the previous version of rptdesign file. How do I do it?
>
>
>
> Thank you.
>
> RJ
>
Previous Topic:Values in a chart are not in sorting order
Next Topic:SEVERE: An exception occurred during processing.../SELECT command denied to user...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:22:06 GMT 2024