Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » EMF repository for Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6(Tycho build)
icon4.gif  EMF repository for Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6 [message #893284] Tue, 03 July 2012 13:04 Go to next message
Jeff MAURY is currently offline Jeff MAURYFriend
Messages: 44
Registered: July 2009
Member
I am working on an Xtext based eclipse product and before the Juno release, I was able to build my product for Eclipse 3.5, 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8 with the help of Tycho.
As my product needed fixes brought by Xtext 2.3, I used the latest Xtext P2 repository in my target files.
Since 2.3 is out, I decided to switch to the release repository but it appears that Xtext expect EMF >= 2.7.0 and the latest P2 repo seems to have also the latest version of EMF which is not the case for XText releases repo.
Unfortunately, it seems the EMF project does not provide P2 repos anymore since it is now part of the Eclipse release train.
So my build now works only for Eclipse 3.8 and 3.7 (since their respective repositories contains EMF >= 2.7.0) but I have a problem with Eclipse 3.6 and 3.5.
I tried to add the Juno P2 repo for Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6 but I now have failures in tests (it seems Tycho uses latests SWT and this causes the failures).
Do you know if I can find EMF P2 repo somewhere ?

Thanks
Jeff
Re: EMF repository for Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6 [message #893294 is a reply to message #893284] Tue, 03 July 2012 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Huebner is currently offline Dennis HuebnerFriend
Messages: 257
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

Quote:
that Xtext expect EMF >= 2.7.0

That's not true, Xtext is build with eclipse galileo (3.5.2) and emf 2.5, so expect emf >= 2.5
Quote:
Unfortunately, it seems the EMF project does not provide P2 repos anymore since it is now part of the Eclipse release train.

... it's also not true. EMF is probably the first project that was on the train and therefore it also included in the galileo repository (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo). And we also have a separated repositories since >=2.6 (download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/emf/updates/(2.6|2.7|2.8)/.
Quote:
Do you know if I can find EMF P2 repo somewhere ?

Prio 2.6 there is a common emf repository (download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/updates) which contains EMF SDK from 2.0.6 to 2.5.0.



+Dennis Huebner

Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Re: EMF repository for Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6 [message #893295 is a reply to message #893284] Tue, 03 July 2012 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Huebner is currently offline Dennis HuebnerFriend
Messages: 257
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member

... posted twice Sad


+Dennis Huebner

Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io

[Updated on: Tue, 03 July 2012 13:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EMF repository for Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6 [message #893324 is a reply to message #893294] Tue, 03 July 2012 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff MAURY is currently offline Jeff MAURYFriend
Messages: 44
Registered: July 2009
Member
Quote:
Quote:
that Xtext expect EMF >= 2.7.0

That's not true, Xtext is build with eclipse galileo (3.5.2) and emf 2.5, so expect emf >= 2.5

Xtext is build with EMF 2.5 but if I use EMF from either galilo or helios, I have compilation errors in my grammar files (Xtext generation is performed using Eclipse 3.7)
Quote:

Quote:
Unfortunately, it seems the EMF project does not provide P2 repos anymore since it is now part of the Eclipse release train.

... it's also not true. EMF is probably the first project that was on the train and therefore it also included in the galileo repository (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo). And we also have a separated repositories since >=2.6 (download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/emf/updates/(2.6|2.7|2.8)/.

We agree on this point, I just wanted to say that using the release train repo was the only source I found for getting EMF
Quote:
Do you know if I can find EMF P2 repo somewhere ?

Prio 2.6 there is a common emf repository (download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/updates) which contains EMF SDK from 2.0.6 to 2.5.0.
Re: EMF repository for Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6 [message #893334 is a reply to message #893284] Tue, 03 July 2012 15:14 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Messages: 6595
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

EMF like many projects provides manual downloads at

http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/downloads/?project=emf

Regards

Ed Willink


On 03/07/2012 14:04, Jeff MAURY wrote:
> I am working on an Xtext based eclipse product and before the Juno
> release, I was able to build my product for Eclipse 3.5, 3.6, 3.7 and
> 3.8 with the help of Tycho.
> As my product needed fixes brought by Xtext 2.3, I used the latest
> Xtext P2 repository in my target files.
> Since 2.3 is out, I decided to switch to the release repository but it
> appears that Xtext expect EMF >= 2.7.0 and the latest P2 repo seems to
> have also the latest version of EMF which is not the case for XText
> releases repo. Unfortunately, it seems the EMF project does not
> provide P2 repos anymore since it is now part of the Eclipse release
> train.
> So my build now works only for Eclipse 3.8 and 3.7 (since their
> respective repositories contains EMF >= 2.7.0) but I have a problem
> with Eclipse 3.6 and 3.5.
> I tried to add the Juno P2 repo for Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6 but I now have
> failures in tests (it seems Tycho uses latests SWT and this causes the
> failures).
> Do you know if I can find EMF P2 repo somewhere ?
>
> Thanks
> Jeff
>
Previous Topic:Inconsistent stackmap frames error leading to broken code generation
Next Topic:IXtextDocument.modify consumes all preceding white space
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Feb 28 23:08:12 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02286 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top