Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Problem with paste, undo & redo action on coolbar(Export Linux problems identified on paste, undo & redo actions on coolbar)
Problem with paste, undo & redo action on coolbar [message #893281] Tue, 03 July 2012 13:01
Flavien Garcia is currently offline Flavien GarciaFriend
Hey everyone,

I have a little problem that I can't resolved... I need help please!!

In my RCP application, I have a menu bar and a toolbar( or coolbar) with custom actions and standard actions like CLOSE, COPY, PASTE, ...

Theses standard actions allow to manage a text editor that I open in a second perspective by clicking on an item of the first perspective. (So the text editor is not initially opened)

My application works fine, the export of the product on windows works fine too but with the export on linux I have some identified problems:

The actions PASTE, UNDO & REDO create errors if they are on the toolbar (but no problems if they are on the menu bar). All others actions works fine on both.

So I think its because PASTE, UNDO & REDO actions need a special implementation or because the texteditor is not initially opened.

My code is like this:

In ActionBarAdvisor.java (All my actions are defined like the paste action):

private IWorkbench pasteAction;

protected void makeActions(IWorkbenchWindow window) {
pasteAction = ActionFactory.PASTE.create(window);
register(pasteAction);
}

protected void fillCoolBar(ICoolBarManager coolBar) {
IToolBarManager toolBar = new ToolBarManager(coolBar.getStyle());
coolBar.add(toolBar);
toolBar.add(pasteAction);
}

I can't resolved my problem because the application start without problems, theses specifics actions appears on the coolbar but cause collaterals problems (the method HandlerUtil.getActiviteSite(event) of my handler return null and lead to errors).
Why COPY, CUT works fien but not PASTE and with this problem only appears on Linux??

Thanks
Previous Topic:"Open" and "Open with" problem in "Project explorer" view
Next Topic:Eclipse RCP Product export issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:20:20 GMT 2024